PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

HM Burgers!

1212223242527»

Comments

• sniffles wrote: »
    This looks lovely. I saw your previous loaf and admired it too. I would like to try bread, but I don't think it would be economical just for me.

I can make a mean pizza dough though and I make that when the family are around. I look forward to seeing what you try next in the bread department.

Also made some Naan breads to go with my HM chunk veg curry, but didn't take any pics, maybe next time I'll remember to take one.

As for whats next, I'm not sure what it will be yet, watch this space. :rotfl:
    meritaten wrote: »
    looks very appetising! cant stand commercial burgers but am happy to eat home made ones! wouldn't refuse one of yours!

Not sure I'm willing to share as they are delicious. :p :rotfl:
    Even though it has only just gone 7.30 a.m. I could just eat that! It looks delicious! I've not heard of crackers before in a burger but, as I still have some in the cupboard from Xmas (unopened), I might give your recipe a go.

Let me know how they turn out. :)
    YNAB is my new best friend. :)
  • Pooky wrote: »
    They look lovely. I normally make my burger mix up in the morning and wrap the individual burgers in foil and pop in the fridge. I then plonk them in the oven in their foil jackets, half way through cooking I remove the foil - it locks in a bit more moisture and makes them very succulent.

There's nothing like HM burgers :)

Will give this a go next time. :)
  • maman wrote: »
    Glad they worked out for you and how ambitious making your own rolls as well. We love HM burgers.

My recipe and method is a little different from yours. I chill the mixture before moulding into shape, it seems to stiffen it up and they keep their shape better. I don't use an egg but a couple of tbsps. of plain yogurt and often put a dash of Worcestershire sauce or horseradish in the mix. A few chopped capers or gherkins are a nice addition as well as the onion.

Made the burgers, then thought why not go the whole hog and make some buns too, glad they turned out how they did, as I didn't fancy walking the shop in the weather we had yesterday, major thunder storms with a little hail thrown in for good measure. :eek:

Your recipe sounds right up my street will make a few for myself next time.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    They look great :)

I've merged this with our homemade burgers thread

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts