PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

George Foreman - What do you cook?

Options

Comments

• stilernin
    stilernin Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    I have a small GF and would like to try toasted sandwiches. Useful for a quick lunch for one methinks.

Butter o/s of bread...? Oil the plates...? Tips please....
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    I oiled the plates as normal - nothing more. I believe that some butter the bread - but I think that it then also tends to stick.

Last night we had Quinoa topped with amakeshift ratatouille (onion, garlic, tin toms and aubergeinne chunks) topped with 2 slices aubergenie & brie (each slice griddled on GF, then put slice of brie between 2 and regriddled)
    2 oldest boys loved it - younger one has gone off aubergeines anyway so didn't like the ratatouille.
    topped with a little extra of the sauce, drizzled with some melted brie (melted directly on GF) and sprinkled with chopped parsley - the boys said it was like the chefs serve up on telly :D
    Kaz x
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Now don't laugh - I cook American style pancakes in mine (batter mix from Costco) a ladleful makes a small one, or two ladlesful spread across the whole plate makes a meal sized one - must pre heat the grill first, or yes, it will all run off.

Also salmon in a BBQ sauce, home made burgers (lamb and mushroom with garlic last night - lovely and tasty and so moist)
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    Raksha wrote:
    Now don't laugh - I cook American style pancakes in mine (batter mix from Costco) a ladleful makes a small one, or two ladlesful spread across the whole plate makes a meal sized one - must pre heat the grill first, or yes, it will all run off.

Also salmon in a BBQ sauce, home made burgers (lamb and mushroom with garlic last night - lovely and tasty and so moist)

I'm guessing you have one with flat plates?
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
  • misty
    misty Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Options
    I dropped my George Foreman on the tiled floor in the kitchen and it was knackered. I bought one from ASDA to replace it which was only about £13 and is jsut as good if not better because it's bigger than the GF I had. If anyone is looking for a cheaper one I'd recommend it.
  • Erosgirl
    Erosgirl Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've only just found a way to find out where I've posted and found this post. Thanks to everyone that answered my question.
  • piratess
    piratess Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    Options
    I got one for xmas (yes i did ask for it) lol ....... Im wondering if anyone knows of any good meals i can cook using this ? .. i have to feed a family of 5 so budget meals would be even better as january is going to be a really tight month for us !

any ideas would be brilliant

Many thanks
    Hoping to be a thinner me in 2010!
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    I use the ribbed plates for making toasties and panini type things...great for using up stale french sticks....especially if you can find them whoopsed in Asda.
    A bit of grated cheese or some tuna.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi piratess,

There's an older thread with lots of ideas for the GF that should help so I've added your thread to it to keep all the suggestions together.

This thread might help too:

Cleaning a George Forman

Pink
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have one of the really big GF's that alledgedly can cook 12 chicken breasts at a time.I use mine for either burgers or that Sunday morning full English and everything goes on and it feeds a family of 6.Only prob I have is the fact it fills the house with grey smoke and no that isnt my cooking skills at fault:rotfl: As for cleaning just a quick wipe with a damp sponge is enough to make everything spick and span again:D

Lesleyxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family