PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

George Foreman - What do you cook?

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    Thinking of Christmas - sorry- as oven space will be at a premium (full Turkey roast and trimmings and veggie option in a small oven). Has anyone successfully done pigs in blankets in a 'george'?

I personally wouldn't buy one just for that

Cook them earlier in the morning, then just bung them in the oven 5 mins before you serve the roasties. They will be cooked, and warmed through just grand

I actually do mine in a frying pan whilst the veg is finishing and I'm getting everything in serving dishes
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got a George Foreman grill that i don't think as ever come out of one of the kitchen drawers.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I believe Morrisons are selling the small one for £7.50 at the moment.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't buy one just for that

Cook them earlier in the morning, then just bung them in the oven 5 mins before you serve the roasties. They will be cooked, and warmed through just grand

I actually do mine in a frying pan whilst the veg is finishing and I'm getting everything in serving dishes

I already have one, so wasn't considering buying one for that - just wondering if it would work. Personally I am allergic to pork so would like to avoid having them squashed into the oven with a veggie dish, potato and parsnips in case the fat splashes.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    I already have one, so wasn't considering buying one for that - just wondering if it would work. Personally I am allergic to pork so would like to avoid having them squashed into the oven with a veggie dish, potato and parsnips in case the fat splashes.

Should work fine

Sorry didn't realise you had one already :)

Pre cooking, then making up a foil parcel to put in the oven to warm through will stop any fat sharing. But if you have counter space go with the GF
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure