We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

George Foreman - What do you cook?

1…131415161719»

Comments

  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    Thinking of Christmas - sorry- as oven space will be at a premium (full Turkey roast and trimmings and veggie option in a small oven). Has anyone successfully done pigs in blankets in a 'george'?

    I personally wouldn't buy one just for that

    Cook them earlier in the morning, then just bung them in the oven 5 mins before you serve the roasties. They will be cooked, and warmed through just grand

    I actually do mine in a frying pan whilst the veg is finishing and I'm getting everything in serving dishes
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I've got a George Foreman grill that i don't think as ever come out of one of the kitchen drawers.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

    Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I believe Morrisons are selling the small one for £7.50 at the moment.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    suki1964 wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't buy one just for that

    Cook them earlier in the morning, then just bung them in the oven 5 mins before you serve the roasties. They will be cooked, and warmed through just grand

    I actually do mine in a frying pan whilst the veg is finishing and I'm getting everything in serving dishes

    I already have one, so wasn't considering buying one for that - just wondering if it would work. Personally I am allergic to pork so would like to avoid having them squashed into the oven with a veggie dish, potato and parsnips in case the fat splashes.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    I already have one, so wasn't considering buying one for that - just wondering if it would work. Personally I am allergic to pork so would like to avoid having them squashed into the oven with a veggie dish, potato and parsnips in case the fat splashes.


    Should work fine

    Sorry didn't realise you had one already :)

    Pre cooking, then making up a foil parcel to put in the oven to warm through will stop any fat sharing. But if you have counter space go with the GF
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.