Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

May 2008 Grocery Challenge - Page 79

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

May 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.5K replies 129.7K views

Replies

• Just bought some coronation chicken as realised I had nothing in for lunch. Cost £1.08 and should do lunch and evening meal.

Enjoy the sunshine!
  • Nessa56Nessa56 Forumite
    946 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    Nessa56 wrote: »
    Morning all

Well it is a NSD day for me, which I am pleased about, have brought my lunch in to work as I do most days and got my meal all planned for tonight.

Also, I have just realised that the Asda shop I did yesterday also contains some bits and pieces for the OH flat which he will give me the money for so am looking forward to working that out when I get my delivery tomorrow and changing my sig to a lower amount spent :j :j

v
    x

Today is a good day, sun is shining and i have just remembered I haven't changed my signature OH's shopping came to £10.00 in the end. :T :T

off to change it now

(another NSD day today as well :D )

v
    x
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE 6 - MEMBER NUMBER 086 Special Star from Sue :staradmin :T:T
  • a couple of questions, how long will the HM jaffa cake keep once it has been cut in to? will light brown sugar be o.k for the bran cake?
    Back on MSE again! to take control of my finances and not let it control me. :T May grocery challenge £41.96/140
  • MRSMCAWBERMRSMCAWBER Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Fallen angel shelley...

I would use light brown sugar..bet it gives it a deeper taste... will you let us know how it turns out please as i have my eye on that recipe..but have a bee in my bonnet about there being no egg in it:p
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Nessa56Nessa56 Forumite
    946 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    a couple of questions, how long will the HM jaffa cake keep once it has been cut in to?

In my house about 5 minutes :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE 6 - MEMBER NUMBER 086 Special Star from Sue :staradmin :T:T
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • clair2305clair2305 Forumite
    189 posts
    another quickie, as I forgot to get the oats for the hobnobs, do you reckon I could use chocolate porridge (another thing I got that no one likes)?
  • JustamumJustamum Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    victory - on another thread someone mentioned using the liners from cereal packets to separate things in the freezer. I've used it myself and it's much better than greaseproof paper.

• mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    mummyleads wrote: »

GONA HAVE A GO AT THE CHOC AND ORANGE MUFFINS TOO WAS THANKING WHAT ELSE COULD I BACH COOK FOR THE SUMMER WAS THINKING MAYBE A QUICE BUT DONT HAVE RECIPE DOES ANY ONE HAVE ONE PLEASE

hi mummyleads, i've just seen your post......funny you should ask, i've just put a pastryless quiche in the oven about half an hour ago!!
    you need:

300g tub cottage cheese
    6 eggs
    salt and pepper

beat all the above ingredients together in a jug or a bowl
    in a quiche or flan dish, you can put some bits of ham or corned beef, onion,peppers whatever you fancy
    pour over eggy mixture and you can decorate it with some slices of tomato

put in middle of oven at 160 for about 40-50 mins till firm

i always make the pastryless one, and when its cold you can just slice it up and freeze it if you like

this is a lovely summer tea, with salad and a jacket potato :D

• MudbathMudbath Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if I sound a bit sad but i've just bought a few bits from my local tesco express.......the tampons I bought were £1.82. I've just checked online and the very same product is only 74p! Talk about day light robbery!!!!!!!!
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Hey Gang...not stopping cuz I gotta go out in a short while:o

MrsM, hope your family news wasn't too bad....must be difficult sometimes being so far away. Me muvva said that when my aunt was poorly & it's only a two-hour drive at the eight of the rush hour, but it's not like you can pop in for a cuppa either.

Re: IP2W it used to be repeated on a Sunday morning, with added bits too. How much was the second trolley then...cuz one of the ofspring turned ovr during the ads when I was otherwise 'engaged' & I forgot all about it till 9pm:p

Spent £6-80 before 7:30 this morning:eek: We've a relief milko & he left a note askng for payment to be left out---not round here you don't! unless you want to pay twice, but I managed to catch him thanks to Pup being on watch;)

A TENS machine & extra pads+batteries =£18-48 in Lloyds chemist
    Anti-bac cream £4-39 in Boots
    Butcher's pack of beef bones to make stock for Pup's 'spag bol'=£1
    Pet shop doz eggs & local toms=£2-32
    Need to check my bill for MrT cuz the till accepted £1:50 in coupons & only took off 22p:mad:
    Fruit shop +2 net bags=£8-48, but been over-charged 99p there too:mad:

Not doing very well am I?:( So I'll say £40-31 & IF I get a refund, I'll add it back in.

Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.