PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• galadriel
    galadriel Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Irish Wexford - Sorry to hear you have banking problems, hope you can sort it out soon. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, the bank refunded the money but it is very upsetting.

Have spent the last hour on My supermarket - what a great site. It's easier than using Asda's own site. I am just going to print my list then I am off shopping with my daughter. I'm trying to get her to cut her grocery bill down as she wants to book an expensive holiday for next year - am trying to show her that if she cuts some luxuries now she will be able to afford the holiday. We are off to either Aldi or Netto, not sure which. Am taking the list to compare prices, if nothing cheaper will stick with my Asda order.
  • shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    I need to get back into this. Things are quiet at work and there is talk of hours being reduced and as I cover the weekend shift the only hours being reduced will be mine!
  • savingfortravel
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Been out weeding this morning in our beautiful garden. OB been putting the runner beans in the garden.
    Now off for lunch with MIL. Its her birthday and deserves a lovely time.
    galadriel-all I can say is this challenge is lots of fun and like your daughter we're using our savings towards a trip away...when she sees how it can mount up, I'm sure she'll be incredibly motivated.
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • Chuzzle
    Chuzzle Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am on way to Mr T's and/or Mr M's depending on DH to do a HUGE shop for the month. Have had a few NSD's since my last post but will update signature later.

I will also sit down later and catch up on all th posts!

Quick question - does anyone know if I can freeze chicken & mayo hm sandwich filling? DS1 only eats "proper" chicken - doesn't like the ready liced stuff, I thought it might be easier for me and him if I could freeze some rolls with the filling already in it. Not sure if Mayo would be ok to freeze.

Thanks all and have a lovely sunny day for all those that have the sun in view!! We do here in Diss.
    Banana Lovers
    Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning
  • mr_and_mrs_t
    mr_and_mrs_t Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    The cost of food now is just crazy...I've been reading the threads...our first shop for May came to £50.16, need to get it lower...
    I try to plan the week and buy in bulk for everything so I don't get 'tempted' to buy extra if I need bread, which seems to be a frequent thing with school sandwiches. where can I find an EASY bread recipe, please? Is there somewhere where we can find all these lovely recipes I have read about?!
    Regards and good luck to all,
    Mr and mrs t
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    kiwi thank you very much for the links:D that is my problem I HAVE lots of store cupboard stuff, things in the freezer, tins but when it comes to combining them sometimes I am like :confused: so I give in and go and buy some more stuff that makes sense and put that together leaving all the stuff in the cupboards hoping for some inspiration which never comes but now it has, everytime I need help I can go back to the links with the recipes on and get something cooking:D thanks;)
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • Keeping_Positive
    Keeping_Positive Posts: 4,750 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes guys I have printed them for my folder and will be experimenting soon. I will feel better with them eating HM rather then shop brought.

Double counted about £40 in my ealier post so actual spend will be closer to £140 so £160 left much better.

Just about to try egg fried rice.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • Jvic28
    Jvic28 Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone. Does anyone know if I can do a grocery shop online using my paypal account?

Thanks
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 190
    17/05/08 - Total on DMP: £10025.70
    07/05/14 - Total on DMP: £1666.20 DFD: July 2017!!
    Baby Tomos born 5th June 2009 - 6lb 5oz :j
    Weight Loss Target - to lose 60.8lb by NYE 2015 - 37.6lb TO GO
  • kiwi88_2
    kiwi88_2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    You're welcome Victory That was my problem too hence the saving to favourites. Not that I'm a Nigella now but it does help me!
    MFiT Member No 85
    :money: Martin says NO :money:
  • Sharon_1970_2
    Sharon_1970_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have a lentil/chickpea dahl recipe please?

Also ideas for green lentils, I have loads and don't really know what to do with them. Thanks
    May Grocery Challenge £254.16/£320
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport