PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    In search of me i have pm'ed you x
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Got it & have pm'd back!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• kiwi88_2
    kiwi88_2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Lollyred1 and welcome :D We're all very friendly here so ask away :rotfl:

If you haven't an idea what you spend normally use this first month as a test and keep all your reciepts then try gradually reducing it.

For food I've found these links really helpful Old Style recipe collection http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=458838#post458838

There's some good cheap recipes here I try to add one a week to help with costs http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=326929&highlight=50p+meal+thread

For everything else this is a good place to start. I'm still working my way through :rotfl:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=235198

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse you too much ;)
    MFiT Member No 85
    :money: Martin says NO :money:
  • kiwi88_2
    kiwi88_2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    wendy24g wrote: »
    PS Does anyone have a recipe for HM beef burgers? My kids are very fussy and I struggle to find things they will eat. Alot of the recipes on here they wont eat. I am experimenting a bit but have to be careful or it goes to waste.

I have the same problem and I feel like tearing my hair out sometimes :rolleyes: I try and dumb down the recipes by not adding as much spices to theirs or adding one extra ingredient they wouldn't normally have. I have had some spectacular failures where I thought there would be hits and vica versa but they've all stuck with me so far :rotfl:

Iriswexford I hope you get it sorted that's a nasty thing to happen.
    Chocolateteddy That used to annoy me too. "Well, she looks fine to me" was constantly slipped into the conversation somewhere :mad:
    Angelnikki PM me if you need a chat.
    MFiT Member No 85
    :money: Martin says NO :money:
  • Mrs._Irwin
    Mrs._Irwin Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I've still not gone into labour, so am going to have a busy day cleaning and cooking and hopefully shake the baby out. :D
    I'm going to have a walk to Aldi later - any recommendations?
    I'm doing HM pizza again tonight, but have found that making up my own tomato sauce was very time consuming, and last time it was too runny. What does everyone use when making pizza?

I'm planning on making HM burgers soon, so would be interested to see what others do. Mum used to add an egg, handful of oats and packet of Knorr dried French Onion soup to the mince beef.

Mrs. Irwin
    xx
    A penny saved is a penny earned.

Grocery Challenge: September: £1.75/£200
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    Wanting to do the cleaning is supposed to be a natural instinct that occurs just before labour, so maybe your closer than you think:D

Not made pizza for ages but i used to just use tomato puree, which is cheap and you don't need much of it.

Good luck:j
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs. Irwin Hope it happens soon for you - I know how frustrating it can be waiting and trying everything to make it happen. My DS was 21 days late!! :eek: Good luck!

Chocolateteddy & kiwi88 Thanks for your thoughts :kisses3:

Nikki
    x
    Mrs._Irwin wrote: »
    I'm doing HM pizza again tonight, but have found that making up my own tomato sauce was very time consuming, and last time it was too runny. What does everyone use when making pizza?

I just used a tin of tomato puree mixed with a squirt of ketchup and some oregano last night. tasted fine to me and much easier than making a sauce ;) HTH
    :A
  • angelatgraceland
    angelatgraceland Posts: 3,342 Forumite
    Options
    wendy24g wrote: »
    PS Does anyone have a recipe for HM beef burgers? My kids are very fussy and I struggle to find things they will eat. Alot of the recipes on here they wont eat. I am experimenting a bit but have to be careful or it goes to waste.

Imagine its a combination of mince, breadcrumbs, flour and egg.

Thanks

I just use mince, onion,pepper and spices for mine. I don't pad it out with anything and my kids love them that way. You could add breadcrumbs and egg and maybe a few oats too if you want to bulk it up.
    For pizza I always use passata.
    Re your walk-I had a funny vision-hope you dont overdo it and your waters break in the shop!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • shelley1977
    shelley1977 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    i cant believe i just spent £39.91,most of it was fruit and veg its all so expensive and the children eat loads.i think most of my budget goes on fruit,veg and milk.
    Adopt don't buy
    Rabbit rehome
    Give a bunny a forever home
  • angeluk69_2
    angeluk69_2 Posts: 563 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join from 05/05/08 please?

2 Adults 2 kids and school lunches and am looking at a budget of £250 until 31st May.
    Proud to be me, proud to be who I am!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport