Jewellery making anyone??

Options

Comments

• jenny_f
    jenny_f Posts: 905 Forumite
    Options
    was on this thread a few months ago, just been lurking since. After I discovered the thread I got quite into jewellery making but only managed earrings and memory wire bracelets.

I want to try something else new but not sure what. Can anyone recommend anything? Don't think I could do fimo as that's too fiddly for me, more bracelets and necklaces I think but just need some inspiration and nothing too ambitious. Happy to follow tutorials if anyone has some!

If some are good I might use them for Christmas presents!

Sorry for rambling!

TIA
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    jenny_f wrote: »
    was on this thread a few months ago, just been lurking since. After I discovered the thread I got quite into jewellery making but only managed earrings and memory wire bracelets.

I want to try something else new but not sure what. Can anyone recommend anything? Don't think I could do fimo as that's too fiddly for me, more bracelets and necklaces I think but just need some inspiration and nothing too ambitious. Happy to follow tutorials if anyone has some!

If some are good I might use them for Christmas presents!

Sorry for rambling!

TIA

What I've done is brought bit parts off ebay -
    (no1)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18MM-BLACK-BEAD-PENDANTS-ON-JUMP-RINGS-JEWELLERY-MAKING_W0QQitemZ110558064917QQcategoryZ150080QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D160370875344%252B160370875344%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5498490353652608354

and
    (no2)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12mm-BLACK-FACETED-DROP-SHAPE-CRAFT-BEADS-FREE-P-POFFER-/160466414255?pt=UK_Crafts_Beads_CA&hash=item255c8b2aaf

BRACELET - I USED
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380097763373&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

6 IN PACK = £6.00

the 1st ones they have a hole in the bottom so they can be used on bracelets, or connectors etc

(made a set - but forgot to photo them - describe the best I can)

Necklace
    Used a number one, and on the bottom added a small jumpring and bead 2, then attached this to a chain

Ear-rings
    Used basic thread throughs
    Put a small silver ball on the bottom (act as a stopper), then bead no 2, chopped off some of the pin (used a longer one), and then attached this with a jump ring to the earring

bracelet
    Used one of the bracelets from above
    the decoration used the same principle as making the earring (pin, stopper ball and jumpring), attached to jump ring, then attached to the bracelet, I went every other link.

The cost was
    50p necklace
    15p earrings
    £2.00 bracelet

I did a set for a friend for her 40th, she was over the moon, - she thought I'd spent a fortune. Seen a bracelet similar - at a craft fair and that was over £12.

There simple, I know the beads are multi packs, used 1 full packet per bracelet, but once there done mix and match the others.

I have got the memory wire for bracelets but have not tried them yet, sort of stuck to earrings, bookmarks, and necklaces, (wire ones where just added a heart, or a fairy etc, the others brought some cheap chains and added the parts, sone Miss Kitty, Scottie Dogs, (not been adventurous bar the above design. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • jenny_f
    Options
    do you have any pics of the things you've made??
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    jenny_f wrote: »
    do you have any pics of the things you've made??

Haven't at the mo, could of kicked myself with the black set, next plan is get some photos and pop them on, xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • jenny_f
    Options
    After starting beading a while ago I have now decided that my next step is pandora bracelets - but what a nightmare. My beads, spacers and stoppers are all coming ok but the bracelets I've bought from ebay have all been banned! I'm normally so careful and check the feedback etc and they'd both got good feedback and sold lots of items (over 1000 at least) and it's just my luck. ARGH, not what I needed to come home from work to on a Monday.

Does any one know a good seller on ebay for the bracelets????

Was excited to get back into it all again and now this has just put me off!!!

Please help
  • fendi-bag-lady
    Options
    Hi ladies wondering if someone could possibly help? It's my mums birthday in a few weeks, she is interested in making jewellery etc with beads however she doesnt really know where to start! Can anyone recommend a starter kit I could get her for her birthday, willing to spend up to £30. I'm not sure what she would need to get started and don't want to get too much in case its not something she's going to like!!

Any help/suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks x
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Options
    Jo_F wrote: »
    Made these last week
    white glass pearls and crystals
    3836020401_66e5a1968c.jpg">

Anthracite glass pearls and jet crystals
    3836013859_9827ebf1d3.jpg">

And Swarovski pearls and crystals with a detatchable pendant/charm
    3836013823_74680cde75.jpg">

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what I'd need to buy and do to make something similar to the anthracite pearls and jet crystals set? I'd also like to make a bracelet. I'd like to incorporate some purple so perhaps change the crystals for purple ones? I'd like to make it for my mum to wear at my wedding but haven't done any jewellery making yet! It's next on my list of 'to do's'!
  • sparklydog
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just bought a jewellery making kit from ebay and some fimo. I used to use fimo when I was younger but have gotten out of practice! Am looking forwards to making stuff for myself and friends.
  • Millie2008_2
    Options
    Gosh, I'd forgotten all about this thread, thanks for refreshing it, Sparklydog!I hope you enjoy playing with your new bits :)

I've been making lots of jewellery for my friend's horse charity, as they are really struggling at the moment and this was the best way I could think of to help :)
  • cardi80
    cardi80 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    I've been interested for ages in making my own jewellery but really don't know where to start. I've looked for courses local to me but there aren't very many or are during my working week.

I just wondered if anyone had any hints/advice for where to start? Really I want to get into making silver jewellery.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure