Comments

• mad_gemma
    mad_gemma Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 August 2009 at 10:09AM
    Options
    celyn90, those are gorgeous :D
    and also lovely to see someone else making hairclips the same way I do :D
    never personally saw the appeal of making foodstuff items so mine are all swirly and stripey and stuff but they are really cute :)
    could you not turn the buttons into a bracelet/necklace set for someone younger (I'm assuming fairly bright pink here ;) )
    I've just signed up to 3 craft fairs in November :j
    heres just a few of my pieces, incase anyone was interested. Nothing special but you know.. my customers like them ;)
    1697265534_924302f9c2_m.jpg2006051926_1a26e70f7f_m.jpg2317805287_c2e8e085d9_m.jpg2314533049_2e5e21787b_m.jpg1604204972_c334bb888c_m.jpg1908124607_456c74b4c9_m.jpg
    Best wins since June 08: 2xNikonD60, 2xBrothers Cider, £330 SwanJackpot, £100 Garden Vs, £50 Espirit V, £750 BigSnap2, Wiifit, zoo tix, 7xCadburys, 5xGlamour, IOWTix, Dell Laptop, 3xIpodNano, £100 Highstreet Vs, Digi VideoCamera and more small bits, REAL DEAL £2400! :jRIP Dad 1943-2009

• celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    I love the swirly things, they are great! - thanks for posting pics (pics are always welcome on here!) Reminds me of the stuff I used to wear to gigs when I was younger (most of which I bought in Camden) - I reckon you'd make an absolute killing with a stall at a music festival - best of luck with your craft fairs :) I'm working on some emo type bits for a friend's younger sister at the moment (she's very "Emily the Strange") which is quite fun. I have make some glow in the dark skull earrings so far and some little black cats :) I'm very new to clay and most of the stuff I have is very brightly coloured, so finding a use for "frog vomit green fimo" is quite hard. I have also made some blood cells for the lab as a teaching aid :)

I used bathroom caulking to make the hair clips, then pressed the cookie shapes in - you can buy similar stuff in the craft shop for 10 times the cost and it's not as hard wearing as sealent :)

I have made some alice bands with some of the buttons, but I don't think I will ever get through them (honestly I have a carrier bag full!) :) They are mainly an odd shade of pink with some white patches on them. I thought about making some purses covered with them, but sewing and me are not friends and I really don't have the patience :D :rotfl: :rotfl: Necklaces would be an excellent idea :)
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 August 2009 at 1:32PM
    Options
    Made these last week
    white glass pearls and crystals
    3836020401_66e5a1968c.jpg">

Anthracite glass pearls and jet crystals
    3836013859_9827ebf1d3.jpg">

And Swarovski pearls and crystals with a detatchable pendant/charm
    3836013823_74680cde75.jpg">
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Jo_F, they are beautiful :)
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    I came across this gorgeous bracelet and would love to make one for my daughter for xmas she is mad about twilight! it says she used jolee beads i have googled for it and cant find it in the uk can any one help? i am after the charm that you can put photo in and the square things that she put a bicone bead in it... can anyone tell me where i could get something similar to it? you can see the bracelet here...

http://leasanders.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/twilightnew-moon-bella-jacob-bracelet/
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    irish girl if you look at the sites in the usa you may be able to get nternatonal shipping - firemountain gems have huge stock but thinks its just a case of looking and checking re international shipping! let us know how you get on...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Chuzzle
    Chuzzle Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen some gorgeous beads and semi-precious gems on Alibaba.com, how does importing work? I realise I have to pay import duty and tax and stuff but how much? Is there a calculator online somewhere that'd help me work this out, I'd like to make sure I'm not spending more on taxes than the actual items iykwim!

I love everyone's makes and when I get round to finding my camera I shall put some of mine on here. I'm hoping next year to do some craft fairs and sell on the internet.
    Banana Lovers
    Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning
  • Cerenia
    Cerenia Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys!

I found out about polymer fimo jewellry a few days ago - and I am hooked, gathering my supplies, to make some nice bits for collegues for xmas - something unique and low on costs (I already have fimo from cosplay stuff), now the question I have is - whats best for attaching the pendant to a chain? I've been advised preparing my own headpins by using round headed pliars, but I was wondering if there's something else I should be using? Thankyou :)
    ~*Cerenia*~

2017 Goals
    Wedding Saving Pot - £1300/£2500

• BabyKat
    BabyKat Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    http://mariellslittlecorner.blogspot.com/
    ive just added 4 more necklaces to my blog if you want to have a look
  • GemzyKate
    Options
    Hi All,

I know this tread has been quiet for a few months, but I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I really want to make my friends wedding tiara, she wants a double wishbone style one covered with crystals. The thing I was wondering is, how do I go about making the base? Any help would be most appreciated! X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure