Jewellery making anyone??

Options

Comments

• sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    I have some heart shape and also raindrop shape crystal and glass beads from and old broken necklace. I want to make them into individual drops on a chain.

The holes are thro the top of the beads (front to back), I don´t want to make a jump ring to go thro the bead, but I am sure I have seen a triangle shaped finding which looks a bit like this i> with the straight bit going thro´ the bead and then chain goes thro the v bit, or you can add a jump ring thro the v, then the neck chain goes through the jump ring

If you understand my description, can you tell me the name of the triangle finding so I can look for them on the internet or ebay

Thanks

Sandy
  • Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 August 2009 at 2:17PM
    Options
    its normally called a bail

you can get them like this.... 350230527964
    or like this ....380074553134
    or even like this 260433566498 (but these you need to fold over and glue to the bead)

or just search the bay for 'jewellery bails' it brings all the different kinds up
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Jo, just what I needed
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Just read my jewellery mag and it mentions 'snapeez' jump rings - they seem to snap shut which would be absolutely fab though on checking on ebay can only get from Australia and they are about £8 + p&p for 50. Has anyone else seen these elsewhere at a cheaper price - would love to try them but not at that price!!!!
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • Jo_F
    Jo_F Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well for the way that jump rings literally jump around this house when I am working, methinks they are a little expensive for trying out :D, have you tried asking the lovely Sooz if she can get them?
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Prob should actually though as you say probably a bit dear.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • cocktailsavings
    Options
    Thanks Jo what a great idea, wish I had read that before sending OH to Homebase to look out a new pair for me! He phoned me a while ago saying he had found some for a couple of quid although they still had serrated edges but he said they were small and round nose so should do the trick! If not, will definitely cover them with the masking tape! Thanks
    Mummy to a beautiful 4 month old princess! x
  • Rebecca15
    Rebecca15 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I wonder if anyone could help, I have been making jewellery, book marks, wine glass charms etc for a couple of local shops but need nice gift type boxes to put them in. I am in Portugal and cannot find any companies that send here. I have looked on Ebay but the Hong Kong ones look a bit hit and miss ( I want them to be all the same all the time iykwim).

Thanks in advance.

R
  • Rebecca15
    Rebecca15 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again

Just another quick question, should I package the wine glass charms in sets of 4 or 6? Any suggestions. Thanks

R
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rebecca15 wrote: »
    Hi again

Just another quick question, should I package the wine glass charms in sets of 4 or 6? Any suggestions. Thanks

R

Both - aren't I awkward!!! We have a set of 4 red, 4 white glasses. But when we buy other people posh crystal glasses, we tend to buy a set of 6. :o
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure