PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Free Food Challenge

Options

Comments

• Ricey
    Options
    Free humble pie for all England soccer fans, courtesy of Northern Ireland! Hope you qualify anyway. ;)
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    5 litres of blackberries :D
    Bulletproof
  • Loadsabob
    Options
    6 Free tomato plants from the neighbour (grown in old buckets) mean I have a bumper crop of tomatoes so I'm the one giving a few away. I may need to make chutney this year.

Well done on such a good crop! I probably don't need to say, but if you get bored with the idea of endless chutney, and you have enough ripe tomatoes, simmering them down to freeze as pasta sauce portions can give you a gorgeous summery taste throughout the Winter. I don't think I'll have enough ripe in time this year...very slow!
  • saddlemaker
    Options
    You must be kidding, fresh runners, to die for, steam them but not to much, leave them a little crisp, then invite me to sunday lunch!! Seriously enjoy!
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Blackberries from the garden and Abney Park Cemetary and elderberries from the garden.Made jam but cooked for slightly too long! Still like it with my chicken and sausages.
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • New_Mum_2
    Options
    Blackberries from the local common, runner beans from my Nan's neighbour (she also gave me some plants for the garden earlier this year) and a tomato grown at my daughter's nursery.
  • megsykins
    Options
    We got a free sample of Pedigree addressed to the former occupant. Only we don't have a dog, so given it to girl at work.

Got a free bottle of wine with Chinese :D (and a free Chinese cos PIL paid!)
    Had an impromtu 'tasting session' at work (work in a bar) so had shots of some nice, expensive liquors, and OH was given a crate of Carling for helping to load the boss's van.

Will prob be given free food this weekend as going home to see parents, betting on something apple-y with the apples from tree, raspberries, strawberries, rubarb, blackcurrants and whatever else from parents garden and HM shortbread, scones, tomatoes and pears from grandma. I wish we had a garden!!
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My husband went fishing today and came home with 4 large cod and 4 plaice
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    36 packs of quatro razor blades
    2 packs cheese
    1 Duck
    3 packs sirloin steak
    bottle of brandy
    2 packs peppered duck steaks
    2 cd's
    all courtesy of Tesco

3 large homemade cakes
    5 packs of pencils
    9 energy saving bulbs
    4 wallets
    5 pencil sharpeners
    6 rulers
    6 keyrings
    Swindon local fete
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    frosty wrote:
    My husband went fishing today and came home with 4 large cod and 4 plaice
    I dearly miss my angling days, free cod, bass, shark, skate, mackerel the list is endless
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure