PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help me reclaim back PPL on a credit card. Ive had a Halifax CC with PPL on for over 5 years. I have 15k in debt on it but have been paying PPL since day 1. I always thought I had to have the PPL and can never remember asking for it. What would I need to do to prove I never asked for it.

Do I just send the same template letters for claiming PPL on a loan? Do i need to do anything different?

I have just got halifax to take off all the PPL on loan I have with them which is about 4k. Took just one letter, so now im in the mood for getting my money back on the CC which could be £1000,s as at the moment I pay about £110ppl a month.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Drunky Monkey
    Yeah, its just the same as complaining about the PPI on a loan. Just send in the first template letter ( i would adapt this letter yourself and take ideas from this one) and wait for their response. You have to give them 8 weeks for a full and final response and then you can take your complaint to the FOS if its not what you want. I would think the Halifax came under the jursidiction of the FOS 5 years ago.

Good luck.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help me reclaim back PPL on a credit card. Ive had a Halifax CC with PPL on for over 5 years. I have 15k in debt on it but have been paying PPL since day 1. I always thought I had to have the PPL and can never remember asking for it. What would I need to do to prove I never asked for it.

Do I just send the same template letters for claiming PPL on a loan? Do i need to do anything different?

I have just got halifax to take off all the PPL on loan I have with them which is about 4k. Took just one letter, so now im in the mood for getting my money back on the CC which could be £1000,s as at the moment I pay about £110ppl a month.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Drunky Monkey

Hi hun.

Right to my knowledge these were under jurisdiction will double check unless Marshallka or someone else could confirm this.
    If this is the case you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman service if not successful with these, or the court option.

Write to them, use the template on this site, also add further information such as your own reasons.

If your unable to find the template give us a yell one of us will post back here for you.

You go for it hun, try getting your money back where it belongs in your pocket and stay strong, don't let them fob you off.;)

,Sorry Marshallka, you've beat me to it again lol.

Di.
    x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    ME FIRST HUN PLEASE :D and I am serious ;) .
    Lets hope others on here keep mentioning this and that someone from the authorities reads what we, the consumer wants.
  • di3004
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Lets hope others on here keep mentioning this and that someone from the authorities reads what we, the consumer wants.

Definately my thoughts too hun, and I will also tell others I know too elsewhere lol.;)

We need to keep on nagging I think.
    We deserve this surely ?:rolleyes:
  • Drunky_Monkey
    Options
    Hi,

Di & Marshallka.

Thanks for the help and keep up the good work.
    Will let you know how I get on. Hope its as easy as claiming back the 4k on my PPL with Halifax.

DM
  • marshallka
    Options
    Hi,

Di & Marshallka.

Will let you know how I get on. Hope its as easy as claiming back the 4k on my PPL with Halifax.

DM

YVW
    Just being nosey here. When you say that they paid you back on the loan, did they pay the interest etc as well and reschedule the loan without the PPI??? Or was this a goodwill gesture thing?
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi,

Di & Marshallka.

DM

Good luck DM.;)
    Everything crossed for you and you know where to find us.;)

Di.
    x
  • marshallka
    Options
    Going off in a min, get some shopping done. BRB soooon x
  • Drunky_Monkey
    Options
    I had a letter Friday saying that they havent done anything wrong in selling me the PPL but as a valued customer they are prepared to put me back in a position I would have been if I had not take out the PPL. This is done with without admission of liability and in full and final settlemet of my complaint. I assume i will be getting a sum of £4076 which was the total cost of the PPL taken off my balance which is about £5100 at the moment. Should I be getting anything else. They said they will contact me soon to confirm exact details of the redress.
  • di3004
    Options
    Some very interesing information on here last night Marshallka hun, I am still going back over it now, but Click right now are really making my blood boil......:mad:.

This needs to be stopped, not only for my sake but other consumers too who are being fobbed off here by them, how they have got away with it I just don't know, they're all as bad as each other !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport