PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Di,

I've been looking around FSA website, and wondered if someone could explain what it means?????:confused: When I look up FP to check thei register, under 'notices' it says 'unable to hold client money' - any idea what that means???:o

Maybe worth checking this link out, may give some ideas here.;)
    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2008/098.shtml
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • catinthehat1
    Options
    Thanks Di - have emailed FSA - to see if they can explain to me!!!
    DEBT free:j

• x.xEmmax.x
    Options
    hi
    well after everyones advice i wrote and sent the first letter to barclays. and received a letter back today saying my claim had been received and i would hear a replie no later then 30th september :)
  • di3004
    Options
    x.xEmmax.x wrote: »
    hi
    well after everyones advice i wrote and sent the first letter to barclays. and received a letter back today saying my claim had been received and i would hear a replie no later then 30th september :)

Good luck Emma, we will keep everything crossed here for you.;)

We look forward to hearing the outcome of this.:D

Di.
    x
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    x.xEmmax.x wrote: »
    hi
    Good luck Emma, hope its good news.:D
  • di3004
    Options
    Phew so happy to get that ironing out of the way.......:p , and I see its pretty quiet here Marshallka hunni ?:rolleyes:
  • caterinag
    Options
    Hey again

Just a quickie to you more-switched on people!

I am writing to LTSB to ask them to re look at my claim regarding PPI purchased with a loan in 98.

Can anyone think of any really important points not to miss? Essentially, they say it was a long time ago and they would be prejudiced having to defend it, blah blah, Oh and that I signed saying I had been given a policy booklet re PPI - when I know I didn't.

Any tips at all, even obvious ones would be great- as they won't b e obvious to me!

Hope you all have a good Saturday night!
    Thanks
    Caterina
  • di3004
    Options
    caterinag wrote: »
    Hey again

Just a quickie to you more-switched on people!

I am writing to LTSB to ask them to re look at my claim regarding PPI purchased with a loan in 98.

Can anyone think of any really important points not to miss? Essentially, they say it was a long time ago and they would be prejudiced having to defend it, blah blah, Oh and that I signed saying I had been given a policy booklet re PPI - when I know I didn't.

Any tips at all, even obvious ones would be great- as they won't b e obvious to me!

Hope you all have a good Saturday night!
    Thanks
    Caterina

Hi there
    Have you checked out the list where it states in the red square above "Reclaim £1,000's" ? This may give you some ideas.

Just keep the letter strong, and tell them you you did not receive any documents for this product when you had taken out this policy and you had assumed the ppi was all part of the loan.
    Add as much as possible, keep at them.;)

Good luck and you too have a great weekend.
    Di
    x
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Phew so happy to get that ironing out of the way.......:p , and I see its pretty quiet here Marshallka hunni ?:rolleyes:
    Just finished mine here (LOL).

Yeah, it is quiet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family