PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    I had a letter Friday saying that they havent done anything wrong in selling me the PPL but as a valued customer they are prepared to put me back in a position I would have been if I had not take out the PPL. This is done with without admission of liability and in full and final settlemet of my complaint. I assume i will be getting a sum of £4076 which was the total cost of the PPL taken off my balance which is about £5100 at the moment. Should I be getting anything else. They said they will contact me soon to confirm exact details of the redress.
    If they say they are putting you back into the position of never having the PPI then you should have back the PPI and any interest paid/owing etc. If you post the figures on here i am sure someone can check them for you.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Going off in a min, get some shopping done. BRB soooon x

Got mine out of the way this morning, while it was not tipping down here, but do have a bit of ironing to get on with later.;)

Catch you later then hun and Happy Shopping.:D ;) .

Di.
    x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Some very interesing information on here last night Marshallka hun, I am still going back over it now, but Click right now are really making my blood boil......:mad:.

This needs to be stopped, not only for my sake but other consumers too who are being fobbed off here by them, how they have got away with it I just don't know, they're all as bad as each other !!!
    Di, it maddens me that they are given CCL's (by the OFT!!!!) again after treating customers as they do. There should be stricter rules for companies that go into liquidation and definately for these so called "directors". Talk later matey as i need some washing liquid. I am with you here. Its just what to do about it.
  • Laini
    Laini Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    I need to know if anyone else has come across this and might be able to shed some light on it for me

it seems they cancel it one month then re instate it the next this has happened twice in 2005 once in 2004 upto now (still going through 2006-2008).

I am sure I have nt signed for it in the first place.

on my SAR notes it shows when I first sent my letter asking to be refunded it was in December 2007
    the most recent letter saying they are still looking into it and will respond as soon as possible ( about my complaint )was dated 30th Jan 2008.

thats why I want to see the T & C so I can see if they should have notified me first on re instating it as its optional so they say!!

can anyone help me

Laini xx:confused:
    still fighting for my money !!!
  • Drunky_Monkey
    Options
    Marshallka,

The figures are as follows:

Cash Loan - £11,000
    Credit Charge - £4,350.16
    Total Cash Loan - £15,350.16

PPL - £2967.91
    Charge for Credit for PPL - £1,108.61
    Total Insurance Loan - £4,076.52

Total Amount to pay - £19,426.68

84 payments of £231.27. Think im on payment 58.
  • marshallka
    Options
    Marshallka,

The figures are as follows:

Cash Loan - £11,000
    Credit Charge - £4,350.16
    Total Cash Loan - £15,350.16

PPL - £2967.91
    Charge for Credit for PPL - £1,108.61
    Total Insurance Loan - £4,076.52

Total Amount to pay - £19,426.68

84 payments of £231.27. Think im on payment 58.
    Good. Lets hope Tiggrae comes on later and she will be able to check these for you. Its always worth getting them checked as sometimes these offers can be lower than you are actually entitled to if missold.
  • Drunky_Monkey
    Options
    Thanks, will keep an eye out for her.
  • catinthehat1
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    GE have already been fined by the FSA so this may make things easier. I don't know if you can make a claim via FOS but its still worth a letter of complaint to GE

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/ukpga_19980029_en_1

Hi - re GE capital being fined - does this just relate to PPI?
    DEBT free:j

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - re GE capital being fined - does this just relate to PPI?

Here is some information hunni.;)

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2007/015.shtml
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • catinthehat1
    Options
    Thanks Di,

I've been looking around FSA website, and wondered if someone could explain what it means?????:confused: When I look up FP to check thei register, under 'notices' it says 'unable to hold client money' - any idea what that means???:o
    DEBT free:j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport