🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• dazman20032003
    Options
    i havent recieved a settlement figure ? i am just sending the first letter after reading that ge capital were fined in court ! so im claiming for misselling but dont know if i can claim as far back as the beginning ?
  • dazman20032003
    Options
    this is a store card not a c.card ! SORRY IF IM CONFUSING YOU !!
    This is a new claim :)
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    maxdp wrote: »
    We done.:D It is a bit confusing this six year rule I keep reading different interpretations and I get confused.:eek:
    Yeah we need the FOS to write things on their site in "plain intelligible english". :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I think its so damn wrong that there are limits to play by if we want to complain and reclaim, afterall we have all been out of pocket and deprived of this due to being mis sold, its our money !!!:mad:

I know this regulation of being regulated/covered comes into it, but again this is so unfair, these rules should be changed and as they are financial complaints the FOS should be able to look at any complaints in these issues, maddening !!!:mad:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    Options
    this is a store card not a c.card ! SORRY IF IM CONFUSING YOU !!
    This is a new claim :)
    Who with Dazman??
  • dazman20032003
    Options
    GE Capital (house of frazer)
  • marshallka
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    I think its so damn wrong that there are limits to play by if we want to complain and reclaim, afterall we have all been out of pocket and deprived of this due to being mis sold, its our money !!!:mad:

I know this regulation of being regulated/covered comes into it, but again this is so unfair, these rules should be changed and as they are financial complaints the FOS should be able to look at any complaints in these issues, maddening !!!:mad:
    We ought to start a petition off and send it to the FSA don't ya think!!!!

We need FOS to have more jurisdiction for these complaints.
  • marshallka
    Options
    GE Capital (house of frazer)
    GE have already been fined by the FSA so this may make things easier. I don't know if you can make a claim via FOS but its still worth a letter of complaint to GE

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/ukpga_19980029_en_1
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    i havent recieved a settlement figure ? i am just sending the first letter after reading that ge capital were fined in court ! so im claiming for misselling but dont know if i can claim as far back as the beginning ?

Oops soz hun.....:o lol.

Right okay then hun, just get a letter in anyway, and if you can try to get some information printed off on some information about this company being fined, this may help them decide what to do, its just an idea to support your case, so give it your best shot and see what Tiggrae has to say later, she may have better information/advice for you here.;)

Di.
    x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business