🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Reclaiming discussion Part II

Options

Comments

• HAVEFAITH
    HAVEFAITH Posts: 557 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I have been contacted by a company called 7 marketing in Swansea who say that they are regulated by the Ministry of Justice (I checked, they are, I think) and that any loans taken out from 2001 and 2007 where PPI was added to the loan are retrievable by them on my behalf for a one off payment of £79.99.
    Because of the information I wasn't given by Lloyds i.e. that the advisor would receive commission and also that interest would be charged on the PPI as well as the loan and I wasn't asked about any medical conditions, they had a strong case and could not only get back the PPI but have the loan repaid in full.

Has anyone else heard of this??

Well they do exist ... but only since May 08 ....

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/3e45aca8bd3a149cf9b79f2c31674dfd/compdetails
    "onwards & upwards"
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Had a reply from the FSCS, they confirm they will be able to investigate and that a form will be sent.

Here is the reply.

FSCS Ref:
    (Please quote this reference when contacting us)

Dear Mr & Mrs XXXXX

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your further e-mail about your potential claim for compensation.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As you are aware, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) was set up to look into claims for compensation against authorised investment firms that are no longer trading and cannot honour claims against them. The rules that we follow have been set by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and we do not have any authority to alter or amend these rules in any way whatsoever, no matter how sympathetic we may be with the circumstances of the individual investor involved.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I can confirm that we have provisionally established that your claim does fulfil our criteria for further investigation, from the information you provided in your e-mail. We will therefore be sending you an Application Form for you to complete as soon as we are in a position to do so. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please understand that due to the volume of queries received, we are not currently able to respond to investors as promptly as would normally be the case. However, be assured that any delays in sending you our Application Form will not affect our review of the eligibility of your claim.[/FONT]
    Any personal information you provide us with will be held by the Scheme in accordance with our data protection policy, which is on our website or available on request.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further questions about this matter please e-mail me, or telephone us on 020 7892 7300 and ask to speak to our Customer Services Team. For general information about FSCS, please visit our website at [URL="mip://01bdc770/www.fscs.org.uk"]www.fscs.org.uk[/URL][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]XXXXXX XXXXXXX - Senior Claims Officer[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Customer Services Team[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Financial Service Compensation Scheme[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]7th Floor, Lloyd's Chambers[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 Portsoken Street[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]London[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]E1 8BN[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tel 020 7892 7300[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fax 020 7892 7601[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Email [/FONT]
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    I also got a call from a company saying they would claim back my money if I had a case on a no win no fee basis. They also said that they had a solicitor who if I had a case could have the whole loan wiped out for a fee of £250.
    Unfortunatly they have not dealt with any company that has been in receivership and had not heard of the fiancial sevices compensation scheme !:eek:
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • di3004
    Options
    pinknico wrote: »
    I also got a call from a company saying they would claim back my money if I had a case on a no win no fee basis. They also said that they had a solicitor who if I had a case could have the whole loan wiped out for a fee of £250.
    Unfortunatly they have not dealt with any company that has been in receivership and had not heard of the fiancial sevices compensation scheme !:eek:

Hi there Pinknico

To save me going back on pages again, who was the loan/broker company again, was it "picture" and what year ?
    Sorry I have been on a downer since yesterday learning that another company I had a loan with in the past had liquidised and have been dealing with these through the compensation scheme (FSCS), as the loan company were covered then by the FSA in Nov 2005.

I do not understand why the company you state have not heard of the FSCS obviously they do not seem that professional, I would dig further into this hun before making your mind up....;) .

Cheers hun.
    Di
    x
  • singlep
    singlep Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    tiggrae wrote: »
    you're very unlikely to get anything from the liquidators as I suspect there's nothing there for them to give out !!! But send to both and as singlep says KEEP IT SIMPLE !!!
    It is likely that eloan will have PI run off cover and the liquidators can claim against that. I would call the liquidators and enquire who is dealing with complaints or is it a referral to FSCS and proceed from there.
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there Pinknico

To save me going back on pages again, who was the loan/broker company again, was it "picture" and what year ?
    Sorry I have been on a downer since yesterday learning that another company I had a loan with in the past had liquidised and have been dealing with these through the compensation scheme (FSCS), as the loan company were covered then by the FSA in Nov 2005.

I do not understand why the company you state have not heard of the FSCS obviously they do not seem that professional, I would dig further into this hun before making your mind up....;) .

Cheers hun.
    Di
    x

Thanks for replying, have been reading your posts and with all that you have going on it is kind of you to do so.
    My loan is with picture taken out May 2005 and topped up in October 2006.
    Will try and find out more about the claim company.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • sunnybubble
    Options
    hi guys, i have previously posted on this thread regarding a ppi claim against Black Horse ltd- the ombudsman will not deal with the claim because the car loan was taken out in feb 2004 and black horse has only come under their regs in jan 2005. so i followed tiggrae's suggestion to take them back as lloyds tsb/ta black horse but i just had the very same - no can do - repply from the ombudsman.
    which other financial authority deals with ppi claims? could the FSA help?
    tiggrae, you have suggested fileing a complaint(?) under 1967 misprepresentation act for negligent misprepresentation- how do i do that? is this with the small claims court?
    many thanks guys.
  • di3004
    Options
    pinknico wrote: »
    Thanks for replying, have been reading your posts and with all that you have going on it is kind of you to do so.
    My loan is with picture taken out May 2005 and topped up in October 2006.
    Will try and find out more about the claim company.

Good luck, well I would definately contact the FSCS, as I'm sure you would also be in the position to have this investigated by these.

I started by emailing them and hubby thought he would ring them as a quicker method, they said to let them know in writing by post or email about the company that went into liquidation, any evidence to support this and details about the complaint.

And then they replied to the email yesterday to say the same thing.;)

What I done was scan all the documents I have to my computer, sent these off by attachment with an explaination as what Singlep suggested, and also help from Sarah etc from here, and did not end up going into such details but maybe about 3 paragraphs.

Today they then got back to me within an hour of me sending this and said they investigated to be sure we were eligible etc and confirmed we were, where a form will be posted out, unfortunately they do not send forms by electronic means as I had requested this by email afterwards, and there is no guarantee of when we will receive the form but its a way forward and they will still review this no matter when the form arrives.;)

Good luck and please contact them.

Di.
    x
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Had a reply from the FSCS, they confirm they will be able to investigate and that a form will be sent.

Here is the reply.

FSCS Ref:
    (Please quote this reference when contacting us)

Dear Mr & Mrs XXXXX

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your further e-mail about your potential claim for compensation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As you are aware, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) was set up to look into claims for compensation against authorised investment firms that are no longer trading and cannot honour claims against them. The rules that we follow have been set by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and we do not have any authority to alter or amend these rules in any way whatsoever, no matter how sympathetic we may be with the circumstances of the individual investor involved.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I can confirm that we have provisionally established that your claim does fulfil our criteria for further investigation, from the information you provided in your e-mail. We will therefore be sending you an Application Form for you to complete as soon as we are in a position to do so. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Please understand that due to the volume of queries received, we are not currently able to respond to investors as promptly as would normally be the case. However, be assured that any delays in sending you our Application Form will not affect our review of the eligibility of your claim.[/FONT]

Any personal information you provide us with will be held by the Scheme in accordance with our data protection policy, which is on our website or available on request.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further questions about this matter please e-mail me, or telephone us on 020 7892 7300 and ask to speak to our Customer Services Team. For general information about FSCS, please visit our website at [URL="mip://01bdc770/www.fscs.org.uk"]www.fscs.org.uk[/URL][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]XXXXXX XXXXXXX - Senior Claims Officer[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Customer Services Team[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Financial Service Compensation Scheme[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]7th Floor, Lloyd's Chambers[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 Portsoken Street[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]London[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]E1 8BN[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Tel 020 7892 7300[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fax 020 7892 7601[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Email [/FONT]
    thats good news then Di.:j
  • di3004
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    thats good news then Di.:j

Thanks hun.:D

At least its a way forward, so fingers crossed it will be resolved through these. (FSCS)

We have also tried ringing the liquidators, left messages and emails since yesterday but no-one has got back yet.

I added what Singlep suggested and maybe 3 paragraphs with the most important matters involving eloan that sold and arranged the loan in Nov 2005, where we hold these responsible and so on, used a paragraph of what Singlep added, and some parts from Sarah, and made them aware of the lenders nemo but it was e-loan that sold this policy.
    Tried not to complicate things like my letter would have lol.

And then sent all the documents by attachments, such as the letter from the liquidators, the e-loan agreement, the calculations of their underwriters paperwork of the PPI.

So a form will be sent out in due course.;)

Di.
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business