PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Old Style vs the USDA head-to-head challenge...

Options

Comments

• shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks weezl for all the work on the index are you going to continue to add recipes to it ??

if so i will post any recipe part in red so its easily seen

I would be hppy to send you a couple loo roll if you get desperate!!!
    Keep it up you have done so well we know you can do it!!

Shaz
    Shaz
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks weezl for all the work on the index are you going to continue to add recipes to it ??

if so i will post any recipe part in red so its easily seen

red recipes sounds great! My only concern is that I had to edit down post number one to fit the recipes in, because we have a maximum number of characters per post, so I'm a bit worried about squeezing more recipes in!

Mr W has a cunning idea that I index to another index, like click here for chutneys and preserves or click here for main meals, and then we can grow and grow!!!

I would be hppy to send you a couple loo roll if you get desperate!!!
    Keep it up you have done so well we know you can do it!!

Shaz

:rotfl:I might have to use the envelope too shaz!
    :rotfl:

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    talking of recipes, i made up a little houmous last night for my lunch today,
    1 400g tin chickpeas,
    some veg oil, (i just added a little then blitzed, then added a little more etc)
    some lemon juice,
    1 garlic clove, salt,
    blitzed it til semi smooth and then chucked in the fridge over night, tastes lovely on first inspection so should be perfect with my carrot and cucumber sticks.

have discovered that my mum has LOADS of nettles in her back garden, apparantly the compost heap just makes them thrive, so if the rain eases up i'm planning on attacking them after work. i think nettle and bacon bread and then nettle gnocchi
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• weezl74
    Options
    Hi if only,

Do let us know how you get on, with pics if possible!

Shaz, forgot to ask, is your shoulder any better?

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    ok, i'll take some when i dish it up later, i'll try and remember my flickr password then i can post it ;)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    Mr W has a cunning idea that I index to another index, like click here for chutneys and preserves or click here for main meals, and then we can grow and grow!!!

How about a new thread just for recipes no chat and then anyone can copy and paste them to the new "index thread"

The shoulder thing a bit better mainly due to the new :drool: drugs the docs got me on am a bit scared at the min as what i thought was a cricked neck may be something more serious waiting to see a neurologist .............can't be that bad they're not rushing!!:rolleyes:

im sure it'll work out fine

Its my first wedding anniversay on sunday and we have decided on a frugal celebration a chinese takeaway banquet(£20) and the 2 bottles champagne we still got left from the wedding(not sure if i should be drinking with these new tablets though will check later ,my 16 yo asked me if i was high last night):rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

anyway baking to be done see you later

Shazx
    Shaz
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    alright, i forget to take pictures but it was lovely, and my fab friend had made scotch eggs and i had one of those on the side i think the garlic clove was a bit larger than i'd normally use but the flavour went all thro the houmous, lovely!
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    !!

• weezl74
    Options
    I'm glad it was nice if only, sounded lovely even if we didn't get pics!

I'm sure it'll be ok shaz, lol about you getting high on a champagne and drug combo!:rotfl:Enjoy the anniversary celebrations, tell him we think he's a lucky guy!

Making jam steamed sponge pudding and iced buns today, so Mr Weezl should be happy (I won't eat them, but he is bigger than me and hungrier!)

And sausage, spuds and carrots for tea, so all's well at frugal central, no starvation yet, but my sig is now looking terminal, cross fingers for me eh?

Love to all,

Weezl x

• mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Oh iced buns, yum! Just gonna catch up and see how you're doing Weezl, glad you and Mr W aren't starving yet lol!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    Todays tea is

shepherdless pie ie its vegetarian

400g continental lentils
    6 carrots diced
    2 medium onions chopped
    2 sticks celery chopped
    1 leek sliced thinly
    1 tablespoon tomato puree
    3 stock cubes
    about 1.5 litres water
    tablespoon dried mint
    a little cornflour or instant gravy granules
    about a kilo mashed potato

its a bung it all in the pan(except the gravy granules /flour) and cook until lentils are soft type of recipe i( use a pressure cooker) then i thicken with the gravy granules/flour

Then strain the lentil mixture reserving the gravy put the lentil mixture into an oven proof dish top with the mash and bake in a hot oven until browned

the vegetables

spring051.jpg

waiting for its topping

spring052.jpg

the finished dish (the smaller one is in the freezer)

spring056.jpg

I dont suppose you fancy costing it weezl

Shaz
    Shaz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts