PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style vs the USDA head-to-head challenge...

Options

Comments

• In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    What would freud say about that user name Mr Weezl! Is that you in the piccie - cant quite tell although think I may recogngnise the window!! So shes bribed you with a mere jam roly poly has she (thats what theyre calling it these days eh...!!) - easy you are!! Good to see youre keeping her on her toes!!!
    Good too that you survived the mamouth poo....eeewwww! Do drink lots water though. its good for you , its free and if you get dry skin you no longer have any moisturiser in the house cos she gave it all to me...my mum in turn tried to nick it, sayings he thought she was given it at RFL!! Yeah poxy nivea one maybe but not luscious pot with silver lid!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• germish_se
    germish_se Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr weezl here....

Weezl wanted me to independently verify that:
    a) I am alive
    b) I am not wasting away
    c) I am actually enjoying my life and not constrained to exist on Gruel in an Oliver kind of way.

All above are correct at time of going to print, although I have an amazing ability to create new demands everytime she thinks she's got it covered :o

Pleased to meet the legendary "Mr Weezl" at last :T
    :beer:
  • funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    Hello Mr Weezl, nice to meet another monkey.

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • nopot2pin
    nopot2pin Posts: 5,721 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Acetate Monkey (aka Mr Weezl)

A proper family thread now :D:D

Weezl... cracking index...Many thanx :D:D:D
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey Weezl - re the korma recipe. What do I do with the cardamom pod thingies - do I throw them in whole and retrieve them later or grind them up (so I can put them in "powder" form with the other spices) or just plain put them in whole and leave them there and fish out at the eating stage. Unsure. Not used cardamom pods before and that was the only form of cardamom available in Sainsburys - so presume I bought the right thing.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ceridwen,

I'd gently fry them first til they pop open about 2 desert spoons for this curry I'd estimate, then remove from the heat.

When handleable, press the little black seeds out with your fingers, they're what goes in the curry. Dry the pods and put them in a jam jar of black tea leaves wwith pieces of cinnamon bark to make chai if you don't want to waste them...:D

Don't lose the oil you fried them in, use it in the curry itself, it'll be all aromatic and nomnomnom...;)

Love Weezl x

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ta.

Cor...weezl..mr weezl is as mad as you are!;) :D Nice to see such a compatible couple;) :rotfl:
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for my welcome. Recipes...sausage meat casserole? Don't think it's OS or cheap, though my mum's cooking does seem to come straight out of the ration book so maybe ;)...:

1 lb of sausagemeat flattened into casserole dish cook covered on GM 6 at start of 1 hr.
    Boil enough potatoes for 4, and mash.
    Drain 1 can chopped tomatoes and spread solids onto meat then cover with mash and cook uncovered for remaining time of 1 hr.
    Cook peas for 4
    Heat up tomato juice as gravy
    Serve up at end of hour.

It's not a casseroleI know, but it was probably invented before the trades description act!:o

ISOM, I've been drinking more water, but it wsn't really :eek:. To be honest (and freud would probably have a field day), it gave me a sense of accomplishment! :D

If you made it do for 4 portions and served with 200g mushy peas each then it's 50p for the whole meal. Not bad!

Maybe you can have it next month...;)

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    If you made it do for 4 portions and served with 200g mushy peas each then it's 50p for the whole meal. Not bad!

Maybe you can have it next month...;)

lmao!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

poor mr Weezl aka acetate, he can only dream of the food he "might" get :rotfl:
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I make it £1.93 the lot, did you use butter to mash the spuds? I'll add some on for that... How many servings d'you reckon it makes?

Losing the Leeks, and adding extra onion would make it even more frugal mcDougal, as leeks are 5 times the price by weight of onions at the mo, but a very similar flavour when cooked down!

It'd only make a few pence difference per serving tho shaz! Just me with my ultra-thrifty head on... (have you seen my sig? Less than a pound a week!!!:eek:)

Weezl x

Wow a quid a week is tough !!! but you can do it...

Thanks for the costings the shepherdless pie made 1 big 6 portion pie and the base(no mash) for the smaller one about 3 portions although if you had a thinner topping it would probably just stretch to cover both enough rambling lets call it 8 :rolleyes:

Shaz
    Shaz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family