PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style vs the USDA head-to-head challenge...

Options

Comments

• germish_se
    germish_se Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good question Weezl, it didn't say but looking at quantities 4 sounds about right. Will find out and amend recipe immediately!

Oh, btw do you all know that a dash of vinegar in your serving of bean dishes greatly reduce the risk of gas leaks....

Swedish pea soup, remove the meat and it's vegetarian without major change in taste. Very cheap and filling, should be served with thin pankakes for pud with whipped cream and jam.

http://www.soupsong.com/rartsopp.html
    (though I would add a bayleaf to this recipe for fuller flavour)
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    oo lovely! A Party!! Ok so we have the guests of honour (no there will NOT be fritters of any kind that have to be foraged unless its green & blacks foraging Mrs W!!) so who else is up for a celebration! Those interested in participating in "the event" please pm me and we'll come up with a few "surprises" on the night...MSE style of course!!
    Good to hear that Mr W was in no pain - maybe cos he's tall? If I had a poo tha big it would be poking out the top lol!!

Ps as you know weezl there are lots of ants on the plot ( & a few wriggling lst in my car I noted with amusement as I drove home!) so pleae feel free to go get em & fry em for some protein...note sure either they or Mr W would appreciate the sentiment though...along same lines as pigs blood perhaps?!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Ärtsoppa(Swedish pea soup) I just costed this up germish and the vegetarian version is a stunning 7p a bowl! That's definately going in my 3 month vegetarian meal planner! (if you don't mind;))

ISOM, what an alarming visual image, sticking out the top indeed!:eek:

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ISOM

Okay - count me in as a virtual presence. PM me your thoughts on this.

love

ceridwen
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Will do C!! Put it in the diary!

Just noticed that Weezl didnt win thread of the month :(....dont know about others but if it was down to me she'd have got it (which it clearly isnt as it aint my site but you know what I mean!!).

So from me to you Weezl :T :T :T :T :T and to Mr Weezl...:eek: We'll have a :beer: to celebrate on 28th and you dont even have to turn up glamorus and its freeeeee & a chauffer will be provided for the event!! Spare tiara anyone?!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• germish_se
    germish_se Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    Ärtsoppa(Swedish pea soup) I just costed this up germish and the vegetarian version is a stunning 7p a bowl! That's definately going in my 3 month vegetarian meal planner! (if you don't mind;))

I aim to please....:A
    7p is very good but you have to have pancakes as part of the meal cost (whipped cream is optional and the jam surely is a fruit :confused:)

We used to get it for school lunches and I wouldn't eat it if there wasn't the incentive of pancakes for afters:D
    :easter_ba
  • acetate_monkey
    Options
    mummysaver wrote: »
    Oh iced buns, yum! Just gonna catch up and see how you're doing Weezl, glad you and Mr W aren't starving yet lol!

Mr weezl here with my very own identity and everything. Certainly am not starving as feasted on iced buns and steamed jam sponge pudding tonight.:T

Weezl wanted me to independently verify that:
    a) I am alive
    b) I am not wasting away
    c) I am actually enjoying my life and not constrained to exist on Gruel in an Oliver kind of way.

All above are correct at time of going to print, although I have an amazing ability to create new demands everytime she thinks she's got it covered :o
    ‘If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences'
    [FONT=&quot] W.I. Thomas and D.S. Thomas.[/FONT]
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    hello acetate monkey :kisses3:,

Will you be sharing any recipes with us?!

I should point out that we are a 2 computer house, and I thought my DH was downloading the apprentice off iplayer....

right ho germish, pancakes too, I'll add them in!...

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    welcome to the club mr weezl aka acetate monkey!

good to see you haven't wasted away entirely ;)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• acetate_monkey
    Options
    Thank you for my welcome. Recipes...sausage meat casserole? Don't think it's OS or cheap, though my mum's cooking does seem to come straight out of the ration book so maybe ;)...:

1 lb of sausagemeat flattened into casserole dish cook covered on GM 6 at start of 1 hr.
    Boil enough potatoes for 4, and mash.
    Drain 1 can chopped tomatoes and spread solids onto meat then cover with mash and cook uncovered for remaining time of 1 hr.
    Cook peas for 4
    Heat up tomato juice as gravy
    Serve up at end of hour.

It's not a casseroleI know, but it was probably invented before the trades description act!:o

ISOM, I've been drinking more water, but it wsn't really :eek:. To be honest (and freud would probably have a field day), it gave me a sense of accomplishment! :D
    ‘If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences'
    [FONT=&quot] W.I. Thomas and D.S. Thomas.[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family