🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ripped off in local Restaurant

Options

Comments

• ShirleyWirley
    Options
    Though I'm surprised to hear of the thread starters horrid experience (I like the place, but may well pay extra attention to the bill next time!) I would just like to point out re the last post that actually the person who appeared in court for assualt at La Rioja was actually a burglar who broke in and badly assualted the chef.

Neither the restaurant nor the local area are renowned for trouble.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had a crimble meal recently, and an extra bottle of wine appeared on the bill; it was removed and we didn't give a tip.
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    missnooboo wrote: »
    I was reading all your comments about the tapas restraunt in west wickham/shirely, my boyfriends mate actually owns it and weve been there several times and its great food, great service (although can get a bit busy) but the manager, still came and spoke to us.
    i understand your feelings of resentment about being overcharged, but taking it to the local paper, or further i think is a bit over the top, as you said the food Was in fact good. and all the reviews i have read about it except yours have been good too.
    so i think you should lighten up a bit, because not everyone is perfect and as it goes, this place is as close as youl get to it :)

Gosh. Your boyfriend's mate owns it, and you get great food, great service, the manager speaks to you and you probably don't get overcharged like the original poster did. Wow. How nice for you.

I'm sure none of those events are related, or that they might affect your judgement or anything like that right?
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster, each time an answer gets posted on here it gets taken back to the front page. So what are we waiting for people lets keep this thread at the front of peoples minds as I don't agree with being over charged and people being man handled.

If you look at the reviews on that website most are blantantly from their associates as are new posters.

Lets keep this thread alive for eternity
  • joolsybools
    joolsybools Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Options
    Amen to that!
  • gone4gold62
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    I agree with the previous poster, each time an answer gets posted on here it gets taken back to the front page. So what are we waiting for people lets keep this thread at the front of peoples minds as I don't agree with being over charged and people being man handled.

If you look at the reviews on that website most are blantantly from their associates as are new posters.

Lets keep this thread alive for eternity
    every little bump helps :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • dacouch
    Options
    Tapas anyone?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What types of tapas are there?
  • Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Tapas anyone?

Only if I can have the pickled octopus.
  • dacouch
    Options
    Sorry hollydays it was a bit of a joke (Not very good one I know), if you read the thread you will sort of get it. The thread is a fairly good example of the power of the poeple on Money Saving Expert Forums as if you google the restaurant the threads come up so their customers can make an inform decision

P.S Apparantly their food is not to bad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family