We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ripped off in local Restaurant

Options

Comments

• missnooboo
    Options
    I was reading all your comments about the tapas restraunt in west wickham/shirely, my boyfriends mate actually owns it and weve been there several times and its great food, great service (although can get a bit busy) but the manager, still came and spoke to us.
    i understand your feelings of resentment about being overcharged, but taking it to the local paper, or further i think is a bit over the top, as you said the food Was in fact good. and all the reviews i have read about it except yours have been good too.
    so i think you should lighten up a bit, because not everyone is perfect and as it goes, this place is as close as youl get to it :)
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used to get absolutely fantastic service at the pub near my uni, really friendly, the landlord always had a chat with me, but I put that down to my mate's dad owning it..
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    missnooboo wrote: »
    I was reading all your comments about the tapas restraunt in west wickham/shirely, my boyfriends mate actually owns it and weve been there several times and its great food, great service (although can get a bit busy) but the manager, still came and spoke to us.
    i understand your feelings of resentment about being overcharged, but taking it to the local paper, or further i think is a bit over the top, as you said the food Was in fact good. and all the reviews i have read about it except yours have been good too.
    so i think you should lighten up a bit, because not everyone is perfect and as it goes, this place is as close as youl get to it :)
    !!!!!!? They were blatantly overcharged, of course they have grounds to complain. You cannot tell me you know all the other diners that have ever ate in there, nor can you say if the bill was , lets say extended, when most probably pay it without questioning it
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options

Not that you're biased of course...:rolleyes:
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options

So is it ok for a restaurant to overcharge a customer, or would that only be ok from the viewpoint of the restaurant owner (or his 'boyfriends mate')? :confused:
    Gone ... or have I?
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    So is it ok for a restaurant to overcharge a customer, or would that only be ok from the viewpoint of the restaurant owner (or his 'boyfriends mate')? :confused:

What are you suggesting, dmg?:D:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We paid the bill for what we knew we had received,all bar £150, however, the actual owner was in restaurant and he got quite physical.
    Don't forget this bit. Whether the bill was right/wrong, this isn't necessary.
  • Incisor
    Incisor Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am in awe of your folly in coming here and registering as a new poster to get mauled for this transparent turf defence.

If the Manger getting a bit physical and the attempted overcharge are the only deviations from perfect, then the place is still rubbish. You are out of order to tell people to lighten up - the punters turned up for a good evening, the manager got what he was owed after attempting to scam them- but the punters left not having had a good night out
    After the uprising of the 17th June The Secretary of the Writers Union
    Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee Stating that the people
    Had forfeited the confidence of the government And could win it back only
    By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier In that case for the government
    To dissolve the people
    And elect another?
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm sure the OP would thank for the 'bump'! :rotfl:
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport