Forum Home » Credit Cards

4k free Nectar points from Barclaycard! - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

4k free Nectar points from Barclaycard!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
75 replies 50.4K views
1234568»

Replies

• Just phoned up Barclaycard to cancel my card.

They offered to credit £20 to my card as an incentive to stay, which I of course accepted :beer:

I asked if the incentive meant I had any tie in period to keep the card for a certain amount of time before canceling. The guy said if I canceled within 6 months "they would look to reclaim the money".
    Not sure if he was talking crap or not, but I'm £20 better off and happy to keep the card for another 12 months :D
  • KP74KP74 Forumite
    22 posts
    I'm responding to my post on the 22nd Sept. I called BC to say that I was leaving because of no Nectar points. The lady on the phone offered me 4k of points.

Well today when I checked my Nectar balance the 4000 points were credited.
  • walsgravemattwalsgravematt Forumite
    301 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well, I went to close my account, mentioned my friends (that's you lot!) were offered 4k Nectar and would they give me them?

"No" they said unsurprisingly, "but only worth about £20 so we would be willing to credit your account with this instead" - seems the value of Nectar points open to whatever suits their patter as someone else told only £10 !

Anyway I dutifully accepted the £20 - didn't ask if that meant I needed to stay for a period of time, and have no intention of staying after spent my spondoolies.

I'll fight them on the beaches if they try and take it back !

I have had a balance to pay interest so seems my custom was worth something to them - nice to get a bit back for a change !

HTH

WM
    Smile - life's good !
  • SamDudeSamDude Forumite
    275 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭
    @walsgravematt - was this today?

I called to cancel my BC and was told the 4000 points/£20 goodwill was withdrawn on 4 October.

I did manage to wrange £15 goodwill (up from the initial £10 offered) out of them though...
  • Phoned to cancel my card, but before I did I wanted to make sure that they had transferred all the points I had earned from £5K + spending and I am too late!!!

Also no Nectar points offered, nor any Gift vouchers offered or any incintives to stay!!

Ah well..................................
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ..... wow what a Ride!