4k free Nectar points from Barclaycard!

Comments

• Many thanks for this. I have just contacted Barclaycard and although they would not give me the nectar points, they have just confirmed they will credit my account with £10 for my inconvenience.

Thanks again
  • No Nectar Points for me.

Just called Barclaycard and I told them the same story that other cards are offering Nectar points. Without saying anything or offering me the mighty free nectar points, they have cancelled my barclaycard. :)

But I am not sad. Barclaycard was good for nothing othrwise.
  • Phoned Wednesday night and they offered me nectar points not to leave which i gladly took (better than nowt). I had no intention of leaving Barclaycard anyway as I have been with them years. The last time i was going to leave (and was going to leave them) they offered me an interest rate of 9.9% fixed for the life of the card) which again i gladly took.

I have never had any problems with Barclaycard and the customer service team.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • Phoned Barclaycard Customer Services today, 29th September, queried lack of Nectar points for my September statement. Told that Barclaycard stopped issuing nectar points end of August. Acted innnocent of any knowledge of that and said might as well cancel card then. Asked how long I had had a Barclaycard, said over 20years, in fact over 35 years since they first came out, and customer services then said he could cancel card immediately! No mention of any incentives to stay so I was annoyed by then that there was no effort to retain my use of the card so said OK do it.
    Usually spend between £200 to £600 per month using Barclaycard which is paid up on time each month. So its there loss. Have other credit cards but sad about losing my Barclaycard after all those years. They were the first to issue in this country I think.
    So beware, they are not giving away those nectar points any more, at least not to old codgers who use the card regularly and settle accounts on time.
  • I called at 1630 today (29/09/2005) Threatening to cancel because of nectar. They didn't mention the 4000 points however i had my APR reduced from 19.9% to 11.9% permanently. I was told its variable but it won't exceed 13% at anytime and the 11.9% would last a long time.

They also offered a 0% balance transfer for 3 months without a handling fee.
    Purchases weren't included on this 0% deal.
  • I haven't called them up, but I did write to them as soon as I received the letter. My gold barclaycard gets used to book hotels, flights, meals as I use it when I am away on business and always earn enough points to actually do something useful, for me it was actually a real benefit (wonder if it would be enough the tax man would be interested in though). The travel insurance is useless for me as it doesn't cover for scuba diving, so I have to take out a seperate, annual policy.

The blurb I got back in writing was basically "amongst their survey'd customers, travel insurance was more beneficial". Yeah, right. Customer loyalty eh...

As soon as I recieved the reply to my letter, the barclaycard went into store cupboard into the "un-used but dont cancel pile" and I took out a sainsbury's 12 month 0% on purchases, inc Nectar points. Better credit limit and points to boot.
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've just called them a few minutes ago saying I was going to leave and was given the 4000 nectar points without any pushing.

I knew it was a while but it seems I've been with Barclaycard for 24 years (:eek:) and they "didn't want to lose me as a customer".

Thanks to the OP for the tip :)
  • me370 wrote:
    I called at 1630 today (29/09/2005) Threatening to cancel because of nectar. They didn't mention the 4000 points however i had my APR reduced from 19.9% to 11.9% permanently. I was told its variable but it won't exceed 13% at anytime and the 11.9% would last a long time.

If your APR has been reduced "permanently" then why is it still "variable" surely it should be one or the other?

Watch it because their interest rate is about to go up and myself being on a fixed rate for the life of the card phoned to make sure that mine was still going to stay the same.

Just wait and check the rate on your next few statements and if it has changed then phone them to query it and say you thought it was fixed no matter what.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • Testee
    Testee Posts: 381 Forumite
    Success - 4000 points awarded here and we've not used our Barclaycard for more than £10/£20 a month over the last year.

Have to say I've always been pleased with the service we've received from Barclays and Barclaycard over the years.
  • No nectar points for me. He said barclaycard was coming up with something new and would better all other companies soon. I said nevermind. He said ok and cancelled the card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure