4k free Nectar points from Barclaycard!

Comments

• Just got my 4,000 points and was told they are looking into bringing back the extended warranty scheme they dropped recently :beer:
  • m_i
    m_i Posts: 199 Forumite
    Hi,

I phoned Barclaycard and the first guy i spoke to offered me 1000 nectar points.

I asked to speak to someone in the retention services and the guy put me through.

A very nice lady saw that i have been a customer since 1994 and offered me 4000 points.

Thankyou for the post.
    Nice to save.
  • No points for me either - but then I've milked them for 0% for the last 10 months with a starting balance of £2,300, so wasn't holding out many hopes. Was worth a try though!

One scary thing was that the only security questions needed to close my account were my date of birth, and whether I shared the account with anyone. Rather concerning that this easily-available information was all I had to give
  • My husband had over 2000 points on his Barclaycard, so we rang them to get them transferred on to my Nectar Card (which is still in my maiden name). When I used my card in Sainsbury my Nectar points started appearing as minus - thus any being earned have been reducing my balance back to zero and not gaining me anything. This is because Barclaycard deducted the 2000 points instead of adding them - DOH!! My husband is going to ring them to sort it out so I will get him to try and get the extra 4000 points out of them for compensation for the hassle I had trying to find out what was happening and my loss of points earned!!
  • hss
    hss Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm annoyed with Debenhams because they belong to the Nectar scheme but don't advertise it at the cashier point, so because I FORGOT to mention it at the time of buying, they would not honour it at a later time (like Sainsburys do and will add it if you don't get it at the time of purchase). I have complained both to Nectar and Debenhams but they refused to add it, even though it was only ONE week later I asked them.
    From Heather, Loughton Essex
  • TomC_3
    TomC_3 Posts: 15 Forumite
    I have just rung Barclaycard and managed to get £10 credited to my account!
  • Just rang Barclaycard today. First they said they did not want to lose me as a customer, so were offering 4k Nectar Points, then the CS guy said "Sorry, my mistake, that offer ended yesterday, I will close your account". Not good Customer Services, dangling a carrot, then saying "shove off".
  • Didn't get any points, but got a rate rise put back and agreed cancellation of commision on forthcoming overseas trip.
  • layces
    layces Posts: 22 Forumite
    Just called Barclaycard to request the 4000 points and was first told that I didn't qualify. Then asked to be transferred to retention department and was told that I didn't qualify for that either! When I insisted on being given the reason for the apparent discrimination I was asked to hold and finally was given a £20 cash payment in lieu of the Nectar points. It pays to be insistent!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/newreply.html?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=937285#
    Jumping with joy
  • I phoned Barclaycard Saturday 1st October about canceling both my Barclaycard Visa and MasterCard. They were not interested why I wanted to cancel, although I made it clear that the move was because they did not reward. No offer of points and they would cancel card right away. Now looking for a new card that rewards me for paying off the balance each month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure