Las Vegas Hotels - Help!

Options
1235»

Comments

• margaret_3
    margaret_3 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Hehe! So funny! You really are a tonic dear. I LOVE reading your posts even when you, like me, make the odd mistake. I phone the States very frequently and I use18866. That's all.
    Enjoy the rest of the evening.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maybe you should take a look at the phone boards then as you could be paying 50% less using 1899 icon7.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • margaret_3
    margaret_3 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Glad wrote:
    maybe you should take a look at the phone boards then as you could be paying 50% less using 1899 icon7.gif

Thanks Glad. I shall.
    I also phone Australia once or twice weekly so I should be looking into these things.
    Thanks again.:j
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    slightly embarassing to see this, errr confrontation, about phones

If you get one of those 500 minutes a month on 3 deals for virtually free after cashback, then use the call-through access numbers of Pre-Dial, then the calls are just about free depending what you pay 3 net of cashback and whether you actually use all your minutes ...
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    margaret wrote:

As regards phoning direct to US I'm not sure who 16688 is that is referred to

Uncalled for sarcasm! Anyone can see that it was a slip and should have read 18866. You haven't read about 18866????
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry margaret I am uncertain as to where there is sarcasm in my post.
    I linked to a website for flights and also a website and Martin's call checker for the cheapest method of phoning the US.

I have of course read/heard about/use 18866 and I have also read/heard about/mistakenly used 118866 which results in a rather expensive call to a directory enquiries service. However, not everyone would be aware that 16688 was an error as you have stated.

I have asked Abcon to remove the posts following my post as they have now taken the thread off topic. icon7.gif
  • louise1234_2
    Options
    Here a website I found that posts discount codes to Las Vegas hotels

Fat Wallet

I have found stratosphere for $200 for Wed-Sat.
  • tweetie_2
    Options
    fab site - thanks! have so much to look into now!

thanks to everyone for all your help - will let m you know when i find a great deal!
  • The_Bhoy_3
    Options
    I've found this site to have very good deals: http://www.easyclicktravel.com/PageDefault.aspx

2 points to note regarding it, though, are:

1. You'll need to wait till a lot nearer the time for good deals since that's when hotels start worrying about not filling their rooms and offer lower prices. I've been looking at going to Las Vegas in December and on I can get a 4 1/2* hotel for $63 (£35) per night... Pretty amazing!

2. Some of the hotels they offer are 'opaque' deals. This means they won't tell you what hotel it is they're offering until you've booked. It does tell you the price, star rating, facilities and location though. Additionally, you can get round this by using the tool here: http://www.betterbidding.com/show.php/act/loadpage/f/EasyClickTravel_Reverse_Look-up

If you copy and paste the site address that relates to 'opaque' hotel, it will tell you what hotel they think it is based on the available info.

Hth.
    Nice to save.
  • moneysaver
    Options
    Hi ,
    I have booked up Las Vegas in June 2006 for a couple, flying direct from Glasgow staying at the Luxor for less than £1000 each for a fortnight. Booked it through http://www.directholidays.co.uk/ . They only fly out direct on a Wed or Thurs, from 14 June to 19 July.

I was thinking of only going for a week but it was only an extra £200 for the second week, so what the heck I can put up with Vegas & the Luxor for a little extra money.

Moneysaver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport