Las Vegas Hotels - Help!

Options

Comments

• blondie21
    blondie21 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    crinkle wrote:
    How about the 5 star Venetian for about £65 a night?

If its what your looking for then I'll tell you how.

Rob

I would love to stay in the Venetian in Vegas but its so expensive.do you book it separately?
  • bella123
    bella123 Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    try the imperial palace,just off the strip and its even cheaper if you book through their website. :rotfl:
  • margaret_3
    margaret_3 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    bella123 wrote:
    try the imperial palace,just off the strip and its even cheaper if you book through their website. :rotfl:

It's ON the strip! However I have never stayed in it as friends did and we didn't think much of it.
    I go to L.V. a few times a year as I work over there at times and have stayed in most of the hotels but would not stay there.
  • applehead_3
    Options
    Hi

Luxor has gone downhill recently, stayed in May this year (after many other stays there) and it felt run down , with long queues for the inclinators

Stayed at the Venetian for $100 a night - superb , also as someone else said try Ballys or Flamingo

Go direct to the Hotel web sites for the best deals, sign up for their email offers, or register with Travelzoo.com (Wynn Hotel was on offer at $165 a night)as you have plenty of time, no need to book to early
  • scoobylou_3
    Options
    Been to Vegas 5 times. I personally wouldnt stay at Imperial Palace, instead if you want center strip I suggest Flamingo Hilton, good prices great location. There are nicer hotel but they're much more expensive. Orleans is off the strip but the hotel runs a shuttle bus regularly throughout the day to the strip takes 5-10 mins. Lovely pool at Orleans too. Stayed there last year. Depends what you want to pay and if you want north, centre or south on the strip or if your happy off-strip.
  • scoobylou_3
    Options
    Oh forgot to say DO pay the extra and have a buffet at Bellagio, its awesome, and dont be put off by the queue to get in. We waited 3/4 of an hour to be seated and wouldnt hesitate to do it again and again and again. Food wise on the whole you do get what you pay for in Vegas
  • Wolfhound
    Wolfhound Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We stayed at Caesars Palace for two weeks a few years back and it was very good.
    The shops are brilliant, entertainment is brilliant and the bathroom in our room was a sight to see.
  • user1234_2
    user1234_2 Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another vote against Circus Circus here. Stayed there before and it is a bit far away from where most of the action is. I've read somewhere that Circus Circus is the LV hotel for red-neck American trailer trash (the trailer park round the back is a bit of a clue :)). It might be OK for families as it has -surprise surprise - a circus inside it.

Luxor was good for us. We stayed there because it wasn't that expensive and was in a good location.

Boardwalk was dull.

Stratosphere is a bit isolated.
  • Sheel
    Sheel Posts: 45,671 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    stinky101 wrote:
    The Luxor looks really nice too but is quite far from the centre strip for the price. I would stay somewhere a bit closer to the action.

I personally don't think the position is a problem especially now that the monorail that goes from the Sahara to the MGM is open .

Last time we went we stayed at Mandalay Bay and it was very nice , the bathrooms are excellent.
    Same old same old since 2008

• geoffken
    geoffken Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have stayed 3 times at Treasure Island and been happy @65/75 $ per night.

Great position for shopping as well as casonos
    Take shuttle to Mirage for dinner etc

You can get good buffet brakfasts in TI or 24 hour cafe is great for snacks

Pool good with mist coolers at bar

Have a great time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts