🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anyone used swiftcover?

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• sutureman
    Options
    I sold my car and cancelled my SWIFTCOVER policy. I got the refund, BUT I was charged £52.50 admin fee to cancel the policy! This was 25% of the total cost of my policy. The call took about 3 minutes!
  • harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    Options
    Did you replace it? In which case did you insure the new one for circa £200?.

How long was it until the annual policy would have run out?

Is Swiftsure the Ryanair of insurance companies ?
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    Sounds about right for an admin fee.
    Swiftcover have suddenly decided to get expensive for insurance which is a shame as they've got the best portal to make changes. It was always between them and 1st Central for cheapest insurance (budget car so no issue with having to make a claim), but now they're at least £100 more expensive on every quote.
  • jasper345
    Options
    I'm the one in the family who deals with car repairs etc, this includes insurance claims so i'm not new to the insurance repair process and have dealt with many different insurers.....usually they are reasonably efficient, no-one expects perfection.

Had reason to make a claim for my own car insured with Swiftcover....OMG ! Try calling the claims line before you buy the insurance!

Better make a sandwich and switch it to speaker phone so you can get on with your life while you wait and wait and wait.

When you finally get through they bounce you between themselves, Vizion network [?] and the actual repairer.....no one ever calls you back and only the repairer answers the phone in less than 20mins!

Also they insist you take the car [in my case across the city 1hr] to get an estimate and then leave with the damaged car while they take a week to decide what to do, doesn't matter if you paid for a courtesy car.

Nothing swift about Swiftcover...if you're ever going to use them make sure you got the cover really, really, really cheap!
  • tigernose
    Options
    Online maintenance of a motor policy is what attracted me in the first place, initially with reasonable premiums too. You only really know the quality of an insurer when you make a claim or decide not to renew. My partner made a no-fault claim and this was a very protracted experience, the main problem being you’re not allocated a claims handler, so each communication is always from a different person who doesn’t know (or hasn’t bothered to read) the past history. It was settled in the end but not before my partner opted to take it to court. My own hiked premium this year encouraged me to look at the market. My Swiftcover (part of the AXA group) policy did not include Personal Accident, Legal Assistance, Courtesy Car, etc. but I found alternative cover which included all these for a much lower premium. My main issue occurred when I wanted to cancel at the renewal date (they do automatic renewals). Despite it being an online policy they don’t allow you to cancel online so you have the hassle of calling to discuss. I cancelled the policy and received a confirmation e-mail and took out the new policy elsewhere. At the renewal date I received a text from Swiftcover saying “Good news! You’re Swiftcovered again! Thank you for choosing us again”. I was straight on the case and they had indeed charged the whole premium to my credit card. I see this as pure theft and they refuse to make immediate repayment saying we have a 7-day refund policy!! Again, every communication is from a different person. AVOID AT ALL COSTS or you’ll regret it in the end.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2016 at 7:17PM
    Options
    ^ I've been insured with Swiftcover twice, each time for a number of years. I had no problem stopping the auto renewal. I would use them again.

Looking forward to the next post on this thread in about a years time.
  • Austen_2610
    Options
    So all I want to do is remove student cover. That's all. Refund 23.89

The credit card I set up the insurance with has been closed by me, so before I did this I changed the details in 'My profile' yet the refund can only be processed back to the (now closed) credit card.
    Their response was it's in your policy wording. It isn't
    Then it was 'Money Laundering regulations' - again not mentioned.
    They simply refuse to refund to anywhere other than a closed credit card.

Might be cheap but is it worth the stress of people who just don't listen?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport