Options
12345679»

Comments

• Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Froglet wrote: »
    Having just had my much loved dog put to sleep this afternoon i am so upset about this..It has cost just £32 .This would be much kinder on the poor dog than keeping it in a cage,and it MUST be in pain, i don't care what the stupid woman says,of course it is.

I have spent an absolute fortune on medication and check ups for her this last 3 years and would go hungry myself rather than let her suffer if i hadn't the funds.People like her should never own a dog again and certainly should not berrate animal charities for not contributing,they are funded by people such as myself and other obvious animal lovers on here for the animals who are cruelly treated,or have no owner,or are wild,not poeple who find £10 a month for things other than insurance.

I would give anything to have my lovely Jess back today and am feeling very emotional. :cry:

Big hug ((((((((((Froglet))))))))) I dread the day anything happens to my beloved Ellie
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • Bagpuss741
    Options
    Barbiegirl despite what your friend thinks this poor dog will be in complete bl00dy agony!! A few years ago my dog was running around a field and got caught on a bolt sticking out of a fence post, she ripped all of her side open (the vet did not think she would survive) and yet despite the pain she was obviously in she did not scream, cry or even whimper, luckily she was with my brother at the time who saw what happened and carried her home. So please, please try and convince your friend to do something even maybe a visit to a different vet. (sorry if this seems harsh but I dread to think of this poor mutt in pain:o )
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • foreign_correspondent
    Options
    can I just ask people not to give the OP a hard time - it is not her dog, she had a ceasarian a couple of weeks ago, so has a new baby to worry about, which has to be her absolute top priority, and I am sure she must be shattered! and despite this she is trying to do something, but obviously is finding it difficult to know what to do. Let's not shoot the messenger here!!

I think all the dog owner can do is have the dog put to sleep or hand it iver to a rescue centre. Although either option may be hard for the owner it is better for the dog. Sadly, unless the owner is prepared to hand the dog over this becomes difficult. I am concerned that the vet has sent it home and is not pursuing the case to ensure the dog is not in pain or danger of infection or further damage.

Barbiegirl, do you know which vets she took it to perhaps you could ring them (anonymously if necessary) and say you are concerned about the pup, and are they following it up?
  • Bagpuss741
    Options
    Barbiegirl, I'm sure people don't mean to 'have a go' we're just trying to help albeit rather enthusiastically:D Hope your baby is doing well:T and I hope you are making barbieboy do some night feeds:D
  • Barbiegirl_2
    Options
    foreign correspondent, unfortunately, I don't know which Vet she had out during the middle of the night. If I knew I would have certainly done as you have suggested. I have to agree some comments on here have been very harsh. It really is difficult for me to try and save this dog, look after a newborn baby and try to recover from my operation. I have been doing so much and am definitely feeling the pain.
  • Barbiegirl_2
    Options
    Bagpuss741....I feed the baby so he can't help with it. Although I live on 2 hours sleep a night and none during the day he is the grumpy one. Hard to believe I know...
  • foreign_correspondent
    Options
    Barbiegirl - yeah, I understand, I think its great that you have the energy to take this on at all. Just 2 quick questions,
    1 There are lots of people on here who obviously want to help, can you let us know which area or county your friend is in, and maybe we can see if any of us know of any organisations that could help?
    2 Do you think your friend would consider having the dog put to sleep, or handing it over to a dog shelter who could get it sorted then re-home it?
    oh, and 3 - sorry! - hows the new arrival?? :-)

thanks

fc x
  • Barbiegirl_2
    Options
    foreign correspondent, we live in Cambridgeshire. My friend doesn't want to know about putting the dog to sleep. She maintains that even if he had three legs he would still be full of life - I don't agree. I have to say that all avenues have been exhausted. Another poster suggested trying Woodgreen Animal Shelter she did this and they also turned her away. Unless anyone on here is a VET by profession and willing to help her out I don't think the operation will go ahead - wishful thinking I know.
  • Bagpuss741
    Options
    Barbiegirl wrote: »
    Bagpuss741....I feed the baby so he can't help with it. Although I live on 2 hours sleep a night and none during the day he is the grumpy one. Hard to believe I know...

That's men for you:rotfl: Is there anyone who can have the baby for a few hours for you to catch up on sleep. I have no idea how you are coping on 2 hours of sleep:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure