Options

Comments

• hflower74
    hflower74 Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    Barbiegirl

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say the area/county. This has been asked loads of times, not to be nosey.

Someone on here may know an avenue or idea you haven't tried, but they need to know where as these things do tend to be local.

Sorry Barbiegirl but i just checked your post history. ( cos im worried about the dog too)

MrsE she is in Cambridgeshire.
  • sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    feel so sorry for this poor dog-if he is this badly injured and not receiving treatment then surley he must be in some kind of shock and may just die anyway-if infection doesnt get in first.If there is no other way and she really cares for this dog then surley the only option is to sign it over to RSPCA -at least its life will be saved even if he does have to be rehomed -which is the lesser of the two evils!
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It may be worth ringing aroud a few of these and asking if the cost of the operation can be spread over a period of time.

http://www.cambridgeontheweb.com/directory/showsitescatid-542_cat-Veterinary+Surgeons+&+Practitioners

The leg may even have started to knit together wrongly now and need more work than before.

I`m disgusted that the rspca won`t help, even to get the operation done and accept regular donations/payments, i`m sure if they really wanted to something could be arranged.

I`ve now cancelled my direct debit to them and will be setting up a new one for the dogs trust.

There is somewhere on the web that sets up low interest loans from a group of people who club together as lenders and lend money out collectively to spread any risk, they do this instead of having the money sitting in a bank and also to help others, i cannot for the life of me remember what it is called, perhaps someone else knows and can post the name as they could be approached for a loan.
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hflower74 wrote: »
    Sorry Barbiegirl but i just checked your post history. ( cos im worried about the dog too)

MrsE she is in Cambridgeshire.

Cambridgeshire
    Just to highlight this, incase anyone browsing from Cambridgeshire or surrounds has any ideas.
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    Sunnyday wrote: »
    It may be worth ringing aroud a few of these and asking if the cost of the operation can be spread over a period of time.

http://www.cambridgeontheweb.com/directory/showsitescatid-542_cat-Veterinary+Surgeons+&+Practitioners

The leg may even have started to knit together wrongly now and need more work than before.

I`m disgusted that the rspca won`t help, even to get the operation done and accept regular donations/payments, i`m sure if they really wanted to something could be arranged.

I`ve now cancelled my direct debit to them and will be setting up a new one for the dogs trust.

There is somewhere on the web that sets up low interest loans from a group of people who club together as lenders and lend money out collectively to spread any risk, they do this instead of having the money sitting in a bank and also to help others, i cannot for the life of me remember what it is called, perhaps someone else knows and can post the name as they could be approached for a loan.
    SD

I think it's Zopa that you are thinking of. They do take a short while to sort out the details though which may not give her enough time.

I can understand why the RSPCA's hands are tied. There are rules & internal procedures that they have to satisfy before being able to take animals in. Sad & cruel as it may sound (& actually is) - they shouldn't have to look after animals who should really have had insurance. They only have a finite pot of money & perhaps if they spent it on this dog, another animal might not be able to have treatment (just playing devils advocate here)
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • Sunnyday
    Options
    asea wrote: »
    I think it's Zopa that you are thinking of. They do take a short while to sort out the details though which may not give her enough time.

I can understand why the RSPCA's hands are tied. There are rules & internal procedures that they have to satisfy before being able to take animals in. Sad & cruel as it may sound (& actually is) - they shouldn't have to look after animals who should really have had insurance. They only have a finite pot of money & perhaps if they spent it on this dog, another animal might not be able to have treatment (just playing devils advocate here)

I understand, it`s just so frustrating and it makes me so angry, not just the lack of help available but the whole thing - lack of insurance and everything.
    This has had me in tears more than once.
    If the dog was mine i would do absolutely anything to get it help immediately.
    SD
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sunnyday wrote: »

SD

How do you know what is said here is true and you on the strength of a post on a forum are damming the whole of the RSPCA. This is hearsay, as I must point out is the whole of this thread, think on it carefully.
  • Lillys_mum
    Lillys_mum Posts: 581 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried Wood Green Animal Shelter? There is one in Godmanchester.

It is always worth a phonecall
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    How do you know what is said here is true and you on the strength of a post on a forum are damming the whole of the RSPCA. This is hearsay, as I must point out is the whole of this thread, think on it carefully.

Thought that was a bit harsh - she was just expressing her opinion, she didn't 'damm' the whole RSPCA, she just chose to send her money elsewhere.

Everything that is posted on this site is as you call it 'hearsay' does that mean we shouldn't take any of it seriously or have an opinion on it?
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • Sunnyday
    Options
    I was under the impression that local areas of the rspca recieved no funding from the main part and each has to do their own fundraising and as such had some say in how the money it raised was spent?
    Is this wrong?

I do admit that i am taking the information in the original post about an animal in distress at face value and that it could indeed be an attempt at a scam ( i would be very pleased if no animal was suffering) but right or wrong i would like to think that somehow a charity would be able to help, call me gullible if you like, i only have the animals welfare in mind.

The sad thing is the more i search online to see if i can find anywhere that will help the more i am coming across cases where charities will not.

Any suggestions?
    SD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills