PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Diary Archive - AUG 05

Options

Comments

• Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was in Spain last week where everyone trundles off to the market with their wally trolleys - theres no age stigma there! I havent been able to go out with mine because the kids have a good old fashioned illness - chickenpox. At least cos we cant go out much we can't spend anything. They have been blowing bubbles this afternoon. So the young uns are covered in old style calamine lotion, and we are having a chilli for tea, made from leftover bolognese sauce from the freezer - cooked in the slow cooker of course initially, and a tin of economy kidney beans, then pancakes for afters using eggs from our ever happy chickens;)
    I have been taking an enforced break from work - thanks kids!?
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aw Jo sorry to hear about that. Fingers crossed for his next interview!

Sarahsaver I hope the kids feel better soon!
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Sweet_Pea_2
    Sweet_Pea_2 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all,
    Today I have made a double batch of pizza dough and froze half. Ive got roast chicken (left over from yesterday) and bacon for the topping on tonights pizza, and there is blackberry and apple crumble left over from yesterday for afters.
    I have blanched and frozen a load of runner beans that came from my uncles garden, (yum, they are my favourite, and I am the only person in this house that eats anything green, so they're mine, all mine..)
    I have made stock from the chicken carcass which is now in the fridge. Im now trying to catch up on loads of little jobs I have been meaning to do for ages, (letters to write etc) so if I can get these done I will be really pleased.
    DD's are currently in the garden covering themselves with make up, painting toenails, re-arranging their hair etc (they are only 9 + 6, I guess they are starting young!) but at least it is keeping them quiet.
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    lillibet, enjoy the extra few days you're having as a couple until you become a family. On the night before DD was born i got some lamb chunks out of the freezer to make stew. Woke up at 3 am with some pains, went back to sleep. Woke up at 7am and decided to go to the hospital. DD born literally as i waddled into the delivery room (how i didn't have her at home god knows!). By midday i was on my way home with DD and spent the afternoon making the stew ready for tea. I have this mental image of Lillibet doing something similar!

Made a version of squeakys lamb and leek casserole for lunch (involved lamb but it never saw a leek). Just used some cooked veggies that i had in the fridge. did 2 loads of washing and collapsed in the chair for a couple of hours. Then had chicken sarnies with a fresh loaf out of the breadmaker for tea with some rice pudding done in the slow cooker for pud. Felt liek i had a satisfying OS day today.
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    I finally had to buy myself some socks as Im too busy at the moment with the garden to knit some new ones.
    Wilkinsons had some 2.99 for 5 pairs so I bought 2 packs and picked up a T shirt on the way out as it was reduced to 1.49. Turned out the socks were reduced by 75p each so really the Tshirt was free (YAY!)
    We had chicked stew and hunks of bread for tea and I cut the chicken up and set it aside for 2 more meals and made stock with the carcass and saved the chicken fat for roast potatoes. There was about 1/4pt of fat all together so I dont know how the supermarket secrets prog managed to get a whole pint of fat from their chicken??
    My neighbour has given me some Leek seedlings this evening they so they will get planted tomorrow.
    I made a slug-pub with beer and sprinkled egg shells around my french beans as the slugs are sneaking up on them at night and having a good feast.
  • BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!

An early one this morning, especially by my standards! Ive been to sleep, but woke up - and am feeling in a philosophical mood for some reason - I think its because ive been on http://www.keo.org/uk/pages/message.php and am currently devising my own message to hopefully be read in 50,000 years time.

I intend to go into town today and do a few things, get the job paper, and get the phone line working as our ex housemate cancelled the line as it was in his name and I need it today! Aside from that I dont really have much else to do bar some quilting and pizza making, but had discussion with boyf last night after our cathedral visit, and we have decided to make the most of the history on our doorstep and make a list of places we havent visitied yet. so that when we have nothing to do and fancy going out, we have somewhere to go!

First on the list are the Roman Baths (I cant believe we havent been there yet!), Wells Cathedral (smallest city in the UK), The Church in Castle Combe, an absolutley amazing little village where Dr Doolittle was filmed and has so much history, and the obvious - The Glastonbury Abbey and Stonehenge.

So - I think the Roman Baths are for today! Anyway, I fancy a bath - so im off.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Jo xx
    #KiamaHouse
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gosh jw, you are an early riser! I haven't been to bed yet :o

My plans for today are ........a couple of hours sleep, followed by teaching dd some basic meals for H.E.........Hopefully we can put some of the results into the freezer. I want to paint the porch, and if the weather holds out we'll have a barbeque later.

Have a good day everyone :)
  • silverfoxdude
    silverfoxdude Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    Options
    I'm soooo tired... (yawn), been up since 6:40am as son has just started a paper round and he wanted me... ME to be his alarm clock!!!! I might go back to ben yet, but the sun is shining and it makes me want to do some cleaning up and stuff!

I dont know what OS I can do today really, yesterday I used some old bananas that were reduced in Asda, and got my son to make banana cake, it was yummy. So I dont need to bake today.

I think we are doing OH's books, so I might download Opensource Office for free and use the spreadsheets. That will take all day I reckon, cos "I arent an accountant OH" lol

So, have a nice day everyone, Teresa x
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got some cherries reduced from £1.99 to 10p last night in Tesco so will do something with those. In fact, I bought my mum a box too and was overcharged so I got a free present! ;)

Also got some scotch bonnets, medium chilli peppers, papaya & lime and passion fruit packs for 10p each. Will come in handy for daughter's exotic fruit & veg school project!

For dinner we will have the cottage pie that I made from Sunday's beef joint (reduced in Waitrose).

Hopefully won't spend much money today as hoping to get quite a bit of gardening done (no need for gym fees:j )

See you all tomorrow!!
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    jw1096 wrote:
    First on the list are the Roman Baths (I cant believe we havent been there yet!), Wells Cathedral (smallest city in the UK), The Church in Castle Combe, an absolutley amazing little village where Dr Doolittle was filmed and has so much history, and the obvious - The Glastonbury Abbey and Stonehenge.
    Jo xx

Not to be a pain, but St Davids is the smallest city in the UK :p Wells is the smallest city in England.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure