can someone please help we are sick of Evan Halshaw

Options
My sister paid £7000 for a car at Evans Halshaw 31st Dec 2007 and on the way home my son went to to use the indicators and horn and they wouldn't work so we called the garage and asked how has it just passed an MOT and this things are not working so after a long time my son had to take the car to a diff rant garage and when it was there i asked if they could check the wheels as one of the alloys only have 3 stud bolts .
He phoned me back saying he has to take the car off the road as these stud bolts are too short for this car and under the wheels are a right mess the first thing the wheels are not for a Peugeot and the garage should have checked if everything was safe , again this garage just didn't want to know before i paid for the car we were told all of there cars are fully checked but it has now changed to no when they buy cars they are happy if the cars have an MOT :eek: they have changed the bolts but on Saturday my son was stopped by the police and they checked the film tint and he said theses windows are breaking the law but my son told them theses were on when he got the car and he has to keep it off the road until it has been taking off .

when we got home we read the section 75 of the 1988 road traffic Act and it said any motor retailer sells a car that has window tint film too dark are breaking the Law.

Can someone please help us with this company because we don't know what we can do now i have sent them a complaint letter at the start of all this but i cannot get the address for there head office as i said they don't want to knew . can i make them pay to get theses windows fixed and can i take them to court ,when the garage had the car in i asked for the car to be fully checked but again they just but the right stub bolts .

we are so sick with Evan Halshaw but they don't want to help us they told us they check all the cars , but now i know my sons car was never checked the only thing they looked at was the MOT which i asked if you buy a car off a customer do you just step back and say yes we will have it i was told Yes .

Comments

• leoetal19
    Options
    i had huge issues with them when my son bought a new car. eventually i rang trading standards who gave me gr8 advice i quoted the ref number with trading standards and all the legislation they quote-then wrote a letter to the company-recorded delivery to the named person you have been delaing with and the managing director care of the local branch
    after MONTHs of messing we got action-problem solved within days and a free courtesy car
    good luck
    even god cant change the past-no matter how many times i cry
    for levi, leo, smudge and arfa:A my angels
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't offer any advice, however did you take out credit on the car?

I have a company car and I recently had to use EH for a problem I had with my car. Believe me there services are not much better. My cars been back for remedial work due to sloppiness. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • journ
    journ Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    leoetal19 wrote: »
    i had huge issues with them when my son bought a new car. eventually i rang trading standards who gave me gr8 advice i quoted the ref number with trading standards and all the legislation they quote-then wrote a letter to the company-recorded delivery to the named person you have been delaing with and the managing director care of the local branch
    after MONTHs of messing we got action-problem solved within days and a free courtesy car
    good luck

Thanks i have sent a letter 10th Jan 08 to the garage we got the car from but no answer Trading standards are looking into this and i knew they were going to this garage, But this window tint was sold with the car again you think you can trust a big company .
    I have looked on the web site for the head office address for Evan halshaw because they will not tell me the address.
  • journ
    Options
    dreamypuma wrote: »
    I can't offer any advice, however did you take out credit on the car?

I have a company car and I recently had to use EH for a problem I had with my car. Believe me there services are not much better. My cars been back for remedial work due to sloppiness. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Hi thanks
    We paid the full amount by debit card
    God this company are doing my head in .
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As far as I can see it is part of Pendragon. These contact details are from that website:

Pendragon PLC
    Loxley House
    2 Oakwood Court
    Little Oak Drive
    Annesley
    Nottingham NG15 0DR
    Tel: 01623 725200
    Fax: 01623 725010
    Email: [EMAIL="enquiries@pendragonplc.com"]enquiries@pendragonplc.com[/EMAIL]
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Butlers1982
    Options
    I had a problem when I bought a new car once of a big dealership
    Went to trading standards and they gave me a reference number, I wrote a letter listing what needed correcting and put the trading standars ref in the corner.
    I also put on the bottom that I would take them to court if it wasnt done and I wasnt compensated for the mess.

It was all sorted and given back full tank of petrol and £100! !
  • journ
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    As far as I can see it is part of Pendragon. These contact details are from that website:

Pendragon PLC
    Loxley House
    2 Oakwood Court
    Little Oak Drive
    Annesley
    Nottingham NG15 0DR
    Tel: 01623 725200
    Fax: 01623 725010
    Email: [EMAIL="enquiries@pendragonplc.com"][EMAIL="enquiries@pendragonplc.com"]enquiries@pendragonplc.com[/email][/EMAIL]

Thank you so much for your help
  • Princess826
    Options
    I am also having problems with Evans Halshaw, I have put details on my own thread today "problems with car dealership service department", they have tried to charge me over £1,800 for a job which has just cost less than £100 through my local garage. My car went into the dealership with diesel in and came out with unleaded in (it's a diesel) they had it almost a week, they said when they test drove it on Thursday there was diesel in the engine, then on Monday they said there was petrol in!!!

We have voice recordings of the rubbish they have told us, we are going to take legal action, would like to know how you have got on with your complaint. I guess badly, last time my car was in this group of garages, they left the keys in it and someone stole it, if I had known they were connected I would have never taken my car there in the first place!!!
  • Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    We have voice recordings of the rubbish they have told us, we are going to take legal action, would like to know how you have got on with your complaint. I guess badly, last time my car was in this group of garages, they left the keys in it and someone stole it, if I had known they were connected I would have never taken my car there in the first place!!!

I hope you told them you were recording the conversations or you might find it cant be used in court
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • Princess826
    Options
    Optimist wrote: »
    I hope you told them you were recording the conversations or you might find it cant be used in court

Yes we did thanks for the advice though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport