The Spendaholics Anonymous Thread!

Comments

• Hi Truly, I'm a smoker too. Eugh, and I hate it!! Nealy finished Neil Casey's book and I think it might work!!

Maz, that's some good complaining! You go girl! Skint's right, not enough people complain about sub-standard stuff - I'm one of them.

Hi Skint - if you have a look at my first ever post you'll see a list with our numbers - I think you're up there already!

Didn't succeed in the supermarket; I did buy the three things I went in for, but then I also bought some chap stick, some habd cream, and a packet of Walkers French Fries :eek: . Shocking. Is there no help for me?!?!?
    LBM: 14.01.08 - Debt at 25.04.08: £7420.9
    25.06.10: 3200.00 :T I'm over half way there!!! :j
    'Spendaholics Anonymous' Thread Member No 1
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 113
  • I was just thinking about buying some new handcream my hands are so dry at the moment, and also they look really wrinkly! I went to the shop bought my banana for tomorrow, some crisps for my homemade sandwich and a lucky dip for tonights lotto. Well you never know! No mag though woo hoo. Last week I bought one every day. This means I can definitely leave my purse at home tomorrow though.
    Compulsive Spendaholic #15
  • (Land_of)_Maz
    (Land_of)_Maz Posts: 11,738 Forumite
    I was just thinking about buying some new handcream my hands are so dry at the moment, and also they look really wrinkly! I went to the shop bought my banana for tomorrow, some crisps for my homemade sandwich and a lucky dip for tonights lotto. Well you never know! No mag though woo hoo. Last week I bought one every day. This means I can definitely leave my purse at home tomorrow though.

Go home, go to your bathroom and find some body lotion/cream/foot cream or any such kinda thing... there you go. That's your handcream bought and saved ooooh i reckon £2.50!

You don't need it!!!

Bossy cow i am! i know!!
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
  • Just wait till I'm in asda buying my lunches for the week (mse & healthy) then I will see neon lights and dancing stars around some ridiculous anti ageing thing. Then I will put away the carefully counted pennies I have budgeted and whack it on the card.
    Compulsive Spendaholic #15
  • (Land_of)_Maz
    (Land_of)_Maz Posts: 11,738 Forumite
    Just wait till I'm in asda buying my lunches for the week (mse & healthy) then I will see neon lights and dancing stars around some ridiculous anti ageing thing. Then I will put away the carefully counted pennies I have budgeted and whack it on the card.

no! no! no!!!! just don't go down that ailse!

i bet you have tons of creams at home that you could use... and it doesn't have to be mega sensitive if it's for your hands.... i know you might not stick any old cream on your face (although i do!) but your hands will thank you for anything....

go on, be strong!!!
    I'm just a seething mass of contradictions....
    (it's part of my charm!)
  • Well I need to go and get a newspaper tonight (job paper day) and I need some apples. Whats the betting I end up buying something I can't afford (or don't need)?!

Lots I suspect.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm another member signing in, I seem to spin in cycles. I go through stages where i don't spend a penny which is unnessary, but then i need to spend money and it starts me on a cycle where i just keep spending no matter how bad it makes me feel. I'm trying to stop another one of those spending cycles and get back to being the tight wadd i'm sometimes accused of being.
    Guess there's lots of us who need to support each other.
  • GemGems
    GemGems Posts: 28 Forumite
    Hello :)

I've read your posts and its nice to be able to be open about things like this!
    Along with many of you I didn't have such a good time growing up and ended up moving out at 18 and have been trying to make ends meet ever since (7 years next month :eek: )

I find at the moment that my partner and I live on peanuts for most of the month and when payday rolls round we then feel the need to spend, as though we have deprived ourselves and are trying to make up for it. It's a difficult rountine and mindset to change.

I'm the type of person that as an example if I sell something on ebay and there is money in my Paypal account I feel I need to spend it.

I really wish I could change this, i'd love to have savings one day instead of debt :o

Sorry if i've bored you.

Gems x
    :confused:In need of a helping hand to get myself on the road to debt free :confused:
    DFW Nerd # 899 - Spendaholics Anonymous #25
    :j Baby Bump Due 16th July 2009 :j
  • I don't have a number...:confused: Is it 'cause I swore on my post:D I didn't mean too. but it really is cold....;) Only spent £5 today as I met a friend for lunch. She offered to pay - should I have let her?
    :grin: Save me from spending...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2008 - £1004:T 2009 - £1139 2010 - £1260 :j 2011 - £1557 2012 - £740 :beer: No 195 Target £1k
  • OK, In no particular order;

Hello!
    Sorry if you didn't get a number!
    Welcome to the thread newbies!

How naughty am I on t'internet instead of watching Martin on Channel 5 :o.

I'll be back later when Martin's finished, with numbers in tow!
    LBM: 14.01.08 - Debt at 25.04.08: £7420.9
    25.06.10: 3200.00 :T I'm over half way there!!! :j
    'Spendaholics Anonymous' Thread Member No 1
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business