PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• Pablosmummy
    Options
    In true old style moneysaving style, I ordered enough wool in both aran and dk..I'll knit up a quick swatch and decide which I like better. I'll use whatever is left and make another present eventually. I also bought a new 4.5mm circular as its the only size I have missing, and then added a few bits from the Kemps clearance section (sorry bank account)

While I'm waiting for my (massive) delivery, I've been crocheting a really classy owl toilet roll cover as a jokey present for someone, either my sister or possibly mil but its cleared our some scraps anyway.

I'm now on the look out for this years Christmas decoration to make, I try to make a new one each year and I'm undecided on what to go for, I've pinned quite a few and added loads to my Ravelry queue so just need to pick one now.
    May Grocery Challenge -£216/400
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Can I ask where you found the owl pattern? That sounds the kind of thing my DIL would enjoy getting for a laugh lol
  • Pablosmummy
    Options
    here you go, originally found it on Ravelry but this is the direct link http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/retro-owl-toilet-roll-cover

mines in pink, purple and lime green for that extra touch of class
  • timehastoldme
    Options
    here you go, originally found it on Ravelry but this is the direct link http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/retro-owl-toilet-roll-cover

mines in pink, purple and lime green for that extra touch of class

Love it....
  • mardatha
    Options
    O drat it's crochet :mad:
  • Pablosmummy
    Options
    Well it would probably be quite simple to convert to knitting. Its just a plain cover with the owl made separately and attached later, I guess you could add any kind of design really?

My wool came, super fast delivery from Kemps yet again, very pleased! I really want to start now but I need to sort the house out, I also know that knitting with a 1 and 2 year old around is never a good idea..I'll wait till they're in bed to start eeeeee I LOVEE starting a new big project.
  • cuddles123
    cuddles123 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Options
    :oJack of all trades ... Master of none :o
  • mardatha
    Options
    Thanks cuddles, got it saved :)
    Has anybody seen Sirdar's new yarn, called Sirdar Divine? I was in John Lewis yesterday and saw it and it's gorgeous! Fabulous colours, rich and fluffy and with a metallic gorgeous thread running through it.
    http://www.sirdar.co.uk/yarns/fashion/Divine%20DK%20F068/shades
  • Pablosmummy
    Options
    Morning, my cardi was going well, then I held it up to admire my work and noticed right at the beginning of the diamond pattern I'd somehow managed to switch 3 stitches around and the last few diamonds were now wonky ARGHH. So I've ripped it all out, managed to save the 10cm of garter border though luckily, that was very boring to knit and I might have cried if I had to do It again. I blame watching breaking bad while knitting, I've only got 3 episodes of season 5 left
    Anyway, starting again tonight and yes I will be obsessively checking the first few rows.
  • MoonJelly
    MoonJelly Posts: 330 Forumite
    edited 3 September 2014 at 11:45AM
    Options
    Hello All. I haven't been here in a while. :(

I was wondering if anyone here has knitted a jumper using New Lanark Mills wool? (Scotland) I have read reports that it is a bit scratchy to knit with but that it will last for ages and soften up with a wash. It seems to be a decent price at £6-7 for a 100gr for virgin wool. I got their colour card and some of the colours are beautiful but I don't know if they will bleed.

I would like to knit an Aran jumper for DH. Because it is a cable project I want to use the best quality yarn that I can afford on my limited budget. DH is a size L or XL (and long). He prefers 100% wool as he is always outdoors. Any help?
    ..............................................................................
    NW: [STRIKE]£5014.49[/STRIKE]/£4000/£745
    BC: £4308/£2500
    Loan: Co-op: [STRIKE]£3777.23[/STRIKE] /
    [STRIKE]£3387.23[/STRIKE]
    £2900/PAID
    Challenge: debt-free by Christmas 2017
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts