PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• natc
    natc Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WOW! lambanaana they are all fab! Wish I could knit like that!
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lambanana Your cardigan is gorgeous - it looks really soft and cosy. I don't like sewing up either and I discovered this site - every pattern I've knitted from there knits as one piece and there's hardly any sewing at all, I think their patterns are lovely and they add new ones all the time. HTH
  • lambanana
    lambanana Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    natc Thank you, I'm sure you could knit like that. It's just knit and purl stitches and cables which are stitches knit in a different order, nothing fancy.

PepPop Thanks, it is lovely and soft. I have my next cardigan pattern lined up and it's top down and seamless with sleeves knit in the round, much more appealing!
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member #398 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    CC: £6412.95 (0% APR until Feb 2015 which I'm hoping is also my DFD!)
    Currently awaiting the outcome of a PPI claim which may bring forward my DFD, fingers and toes crossed!
  • saorsie
    saorsie Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    Options
    Lambanana - they are both lovely and fine demonstrations of your skills in cabling without a cabling needle :D

I'm loving knitting dishcloths at the moment
    is that odd?! :o

-s-
    Frugal living challenge 2012 live on £8500 ~ £7725.87 remaining
    Make £5/day in 2012 ~ £482.24/£1830 ~ 22.52%
    Proud Member of PAD since January 2010 ~ Total paid to date £11386.64
    Savings Pot for 2012 ~ £772.60/£3000 ~ 23.38%
    Lose 19lbs / Save £2k by 30/04/12 *5/19lbs* £158.72/£2000
  • natc
    Options
    lambanana wrote: »
    natc Thank you, I'm sure you could knit like that. It's just knit and purl stitches and cables which are stitches knit in a different order, nothing fancy.

I think you should do a video demo of how you do this cabling, without a cabling needle, I dont even know how to do it with a cabling needle!
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lambanana that cardigan is really nice :). Well done.
    I have not knitted much as been busy but have plans for the weekend!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• shellysue
    shellysue Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    lambanana wrote: »
    Learning new knitting techniques is good for me and no one dies if I get it wrong...this is an important thing for me to remember!
    something all too easy to forget and yet such simple words of wisdom, along with try it and see:)
    Years ago [about 20] a lady passed on her knowledge of lace making to anyone who wanted to learn, we were asked to take part in a craft demo day and some us [me in particular] were worried about making a mistake and someone noticing. She said if someone asks what you are doing, just say reverse stitch, chances are they wont have a clue that you are undoing a mistake:rotfl:
    Sue
    Do I need to eat it :o
    Can I afford the calories:eek:
    have I checked for a lower calorie version:T
  • cuddles123
    cuddles123 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Options
    Loving the cardy and socks - well done

I thought cabling would be really hard, but tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and didn't really have a problem. I've done a mug cosy, wrist warmers, hat and cowl so far and I'm loving it.

100_6915.jpg

100_6929.jpg

P10509381.jpg

100_6930.jpg
    :oJack of all trades ... Master of none :o
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    shellysue wrote: »
    something all too easy to forget and yet such simple words of wisdom, along with try it and see:)
    Years ago [about 20] a lady passed on her knowledge of lace making to anyone who wanted to learn, we were asked to take part in a craft demo day and some us [me in particular] were worried about making a mistake and someone noticing. She said if someone asks what you are doing, just say reverse stitch, chances are they wont have a clue that you are undoing a mistake:rotfl:

shellysue That's brilliant - I must remember that one :rotfl::rotfl:

cuddles Great makes - love your mug cosy.

I've almost finished one long fingerless glove - one down one to go :j
  • natc
    Options
    I love your mug cosy too! Its so cute! Do you use cable needles or without? Im intrigued now, and want to have a go with cables!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback