P & O Ferry Offer

Options
12345679»

Comments

• robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    took famaily across on offer last friday (22nd feb), well worth it, although did spend a little on plonk towards family party at the end of march.
    box of free wine is fairly decent, although they do only have so many boxes out on each trip, and i noticed they did all go...... so get to duty free quick, nb you cant buy any booze until the boat is 20 mins out of harbour.....
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,107 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gasbag1602 wrote: »
    Has this worked for anyone, i have a booking to go next friday with no intention of using the return ferry back, infact i only have 15mins to get off the ferry and board another back to dover. I am worried and was going to cancel my booking, whats the most i could be charged thanks

How did you get on? Did you go for it?
  • bigbird1967
    Options
    Can I ask if anyone else, like me and the two other familes I spoke to, booked through the offer website to get the free wine and meal and waited to be handed a voucher before boarding only to be told we hadn't booked that offer and wouldn't be getting it? I paid the extra £10 to travel on a Saturday so that my kids could come along for a day in France. I paid the extra £2 for cc (what a con) and then had to pay for meals for my son and husband because I wouldn't let them eat at the docks because I knew they'd be getting a buy 1 get 1 free breakfast on board! I'd like as many people as possible who've been duped by this offer to contact me so we can complain en masse. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • bigbird1967
    Options
    Did you get your wine? I didn't and I'm trying to get everyone who hasn't to complain en masse?
  • beachlou
    beachlou Posts: 760 Forumite
    Options
    We have just come back from France. Had a great day stocking up on alcohol for our wedding this summer. Got the free wine and had breakfast. We spent so much in Majestic, that they gave us a free bottle of Veuve Clicquot-happy all round :)
  • Lurkio
    Lurkio Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    Options
    We went on Sunday 2nd - France was shut! Had a great time in Ostende, though :)

Got the wine and the breakfast, kids had a FANTASTIC day and want to go again :D

:DNeigh, neigh, and thrice neigh :D
  • jtb2412
    jtb2412 Posts: 1,782 Forumite
    Options
    We went on 29th Feb, got the free wine and buy 1 get 1 free on meals. Problem is though we couldn't get back due to the horrendous weather ! lol

We were stuck for 5 hours waiting in the car to board the boat but they wouldn't let them sail due to force 9 gales. Suffice to say on the way back it had dropped to about force 7 - me and DD spent a lot of the 3 hour crossing in the toilet - took us an hour to dock (tug couldn't get us near due to high winds) and got home eventually at 2am in the morning (should have been on the 6pm ferry back!)

Was a great day out though and the kids had a ball on the boat - was kind of hilarious watching everyone falling over due to the rocking of the boat (yes it was that bad!)

Will DEFINITELY be going again !
    :jWeight loss to date 1st 11.5lb :j
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,107 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just an update for anyone using only the first part of the day trip for a week's travel or anything longer than the day. We used it to go out a week past Sat and were due to come back with Sea France on a signle ticket. Unfortunately after the strike, our ferry had engine trouble and we had to come back with P&O!!

Don't think we've been rumbled yet! But will let you know!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure