P & O Ferry Offer

Options

Comments

• tonester
    tonester Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    beckah wrote: »
    I just tried to book a day trip on the 14th feb and the price came up at £70 any ideas?

there IS a cheap way to get across and back.I have had a few trips,3 months,6 months and 8 weeks and paid £40 ish pounds or less.

the clue is in the ferry small print. (hint if they can,t find you its hard to charge you)

I,m a bit loathed to give the full way I do it, as they may close the loop-hole...

p.s. its perfectly legal
    :T
  • lynvonwall
    Options
    Do you have to have 9 people go, can't there just be 2?

Yes , Two is Fine:beer:
  • richard-
    richard- Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Went on the 7th using this deal to france, appears P&O was having a few problems with there ships around the time we was going so we was arriving 3 hours late. But you get 2 hour relax period so you can come back one hour before your departure or 1 hour after. All in all cheap day out booking another later this month :)
    Audi - Vorsprung durch Technik :D
  • richard-
    Options
    Would also recommend the breakfast for you guys going early.. 8 items for £7, very nice
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Options
    Great offer! I've just booked as a half-term treat. The first crossings I tried came up as £70 so I phoned and a helpful chap looked up the crossings still available at the offer price.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• josie
    josie Posts: 3,107 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    branston wrote: »
    I have booked using this offer on a sunday as this was the only day we could do.

just seen Auchan isnt open on sundays.. are they all closed on a sunday?

thanks
    branston
    x

There is a big supermarket just over the other side of the dual carriageway from Eastenders (where you see the gi-normous wine bottle) that is open on a Sunday - can't remember which one tho, it's French brand - i.e. not Tesco or Sainsbury's. Might be worth checking the Sainsbury's website to the French store - they might be open Sun and it's opposite Auchan.

Eastenders itself is open on a Sunday too, if it's just booze you're after.

good luck!
  • josie
    Options
    I guess the way to do it for people wanting to book for a week's skiing (us included!) would be as someone else suggested to book the return with Seafrance or someone? Presumably P&O don't bother checking that you actually come back? It'd just be if you tried to use a 2nd day return a week later with them that you'd have trouble?

Just looked at going out on a Friday night which I can get for £20 + free wine and then a single with Seafrance from Calais to Dover is €60 or about £46, so all in all about £66 return, which is still cheaper than the normal return and you're getting the free wine!
  • richard-
    Options
    josie wrote: »
    There is a big supermarket just over the other side of the dual carriageway from Eastenders (where you see the gi-normous wine bottle) that is open on a Sunday - can't remember which one tho, it's French brand - i.e. not Tesco or Sainsbury's. Might be worth checking the Sainsbury's website to the French store - they might be open Sun and it's opposite Auchan.

Eastenders itself is open on a Sunday too, if it's just booze you're after.

good luck!

aushan's?
    http://www.auchan.fr
  • josie
    Options
    richard- wrote: »

No, as I said Auchan is opposite Sainsbury's, this is something like Super U or Champion or something like similar, anyway, either way it's a decent size supermarket - not hyper market size but not bad and it's open on a Sunday, which was the original question.

BTW, have just checked the Sainsbury's site and they're open 10am - 6pm on Sundays

http://www.sainsburyscalais.co.uk/index.aspx
  • *debbie*
    Options
    ***xyz*** wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain - I wrote my first ever post yesterday and got no response so will try again!

Could someone who has booked this promotion please have a look at their booking confirmation for me.

No-where on my booking does it say anything about being a promo and that I will receive vouchers on check-in. Should there be something on my confirmation to suggest this?

Hope I can put your mind at rest, my confirmation says nothing about a promo deal either, and I'll sure be kicking up a stink if i don't get my free booze!! We're going on Thursday, a valentines treat says my OH, just a shame we've got the kids too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure