Grolier hassle

Options

Comments

• Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    dostoy wrote: »
    The reason was to put right a wrong and to show that the people who get books from Grolier HAVE ordered them and to show how easy Grolier are to deal with.

It just requires a very small amount of 'common' sense.

It is incredible how many people do not have the most basic intelligence or common sense.

They are the people who are dumb, not me.

You are either on a crusade or a representative of the company in question. My bet is on the latter. If so your attitude to your customers speaks volumes.

There seem to be a lot of complaints about this company on the net some of which I note you have responded to in your inimitable style

I think if I ever have the inclination to buy books over the internet you have dissuaded me from using this company ..Thanks for warning me
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • dostoy
    Options
    You are probably one of the people without any common sense anyway.

You have saved Grolier a lot of hassle so I am sure they are grateful as well.

It is so easy but so many people seemingly get it wrong.

Its hard to believe something so easy can be so difficult for so many people.
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    Yawn,loser1.gif Could Mr Grolier go away now please.

By the looks of it 'Optimist' has shown plenty of common sense in deciding not to deal with Grolier!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • dostoy
    Options
    Thats fine, its your choice.

I don't think he was going to buy any books anyway but if he thinks he is not capable of following simple instructions then he is better off out of it.

It is easy though, I promise you.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know a lot about Grolier.

The offers that are on the website, coupons, or on the telephone are NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER all free.

There are always some trial books which means not free.

If you do not want them, call the customer services number or e-mail them and they will arange a FREE return of those trial books, always include your invoice with the books and always get a receipt from the post office and keep it for at least 3 months.

The telephone number is national rate NOT premium rate.

These are simple rules but so many people get it wrong.

They are a very good company but please read all the instructions on the website or coupon before you order the books.

It is very simple and straight forward if you have have a bit of common sense which so many people don't.

Dostoy,from which dictionary did you obtain the definition of "trial" as meaning "not free"?
  • hollydays
    Options
    The reason was to put right a wrong and to show that the people who get books from Grolier HAVE ordered them and to show how easy Grolier are to deal with.

It just requires a very small amount of 'common' sense.

It is incredible how many people do not have the most basic intelligence or common sense.

They are the people who are dumb, not me.

From your review of Grolier on Dooyoo a few weeks ago,you say:

"just say no thank you and put the phone down,then there is no confusion",

Yet there are numerous reports of people being repeatedly phoned by this company .

I am "confused" on two counts:
    1) How someone who is not dumb goes to the trouble of posting a review on Dooyoo,yet spells the company "Golier"

2) if there is no confusion, why does the company keep on telephoning the same people over and over? Sounds like they are confused,or have dumb telesales staff.
  • dostoy
    Options
    One minor spelling mistake, Is that the best you can do ?

Each delivery is never all free, I cannot believe that anyone thinks they get all free gifts through the post with no commitment.

The free gifts are free regardless, but there is always at least one trial book which is not free, this is made very clear online, on the coupons and over the telephone.

There have been lots of examples where people have been called and said yes to the books but when they get them they cannot remember the call or can remember saying no.

All calls are recorded and every time the called is listened to, the customer always says yes, hence why I said what I did.

All of this is getting silly now and I still maintain it is an easy company to deal with, all you need a bit of 'common' sense.

If the customer does not want to be called again all they have to do is ask to be taken off the list.

This is so easy and I know a lot about it but some peoples minds cannot be changed so if you do not want any books then please do not order them and if you get called say no and hang up.

So so easy, I promise you.
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    http://grolier.co.uk/terms

Pretty clear to me! On Both counts

PAYMENT
    Please note that when paying by Visa or Mastercard, the introductory delivery, and all future shipments will be charged to your card. You can always return any unwanted shipment and you will receive a full credit to your account.

All I can find is that the Pooh Book is free, but P&P is £3.50 I cannot find anything to say this is an continuous club membership or other. I would be very weary of any site that said it was free, then asked for a payment!
  • hollydays
    Options
    One minor spelling mistake, Is that the best you can do ?

Each delivery is never all free, I cannot believe that anyone thinks they get all free gifts through the post with no commitment.

The free gifts are free regardless, but there is always at least one trial book which is not free, this is made very clear online, on the coupons and over the telephone.

There have been lots of examples where people have been called and said yes to the books but when they get them they cannot remember the call or can remember saying no.

All calls are recorded and every time the called is listened to, the customer always says yes, hence why I said what I did.

All of this is getting silly now and I still maintain it is an easy company to deal with, all you need a bit of 'common' sense.

If the customer does not want to be called again all they have to do is ask to be taken off the list.

This is so easy and I know a lot about it but some peoples minds cannot be changed so if you do not want any books then please do not order them and if you get called say no and hang up.

So so easy, I promise you.

It got silly as soon as you started posting,as several people have already told you.
    Your customers are not dumb...
  • dostoy
    Options
    I am just putting forward another view.

It is nothing personal on my part.

It is easy to criticise any company but if you do not know the facts then you will remain in the dark.

If you follow simple rules then you will have no problem.

It is NEVER NEVER NEVER all free, you would not believe how many people think that it is.

It is free to return but always include the invoice and keep the receipt you get as proof of return, surely common sense.

Always read all the info on the website, coupon or listen carefully to the phone call, common sense again.

Some people on here do not like the fact that the problems they have with Grolier are their fault and not Groliers.

Common sense and a tiny bit of intelligence is all you need, but believe me that is a lot to ask from some people.

Grolier is a good company and not a con.

That is all I will say on the matter and as I have said before, it is personal choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure