🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Grolier hassle

Options

Comments

• top_drawer_2
    top_drawer_2 Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    Options
    lol i know ...
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Although I warn you in advance,some companies dont sign.
  • top_drawer_2
    Options
    what can i do then??
  • hollydays
    Options
    Wait for some more replies- Send it-They may well sign-its just a possibility they wont.
  • hollydays
    Options
    Found another phone number for them-01603 740400.That address is Grolier 29-32 Morgan Way,Bowthorpe Employment Area, Norwich,NR5 9HH- a similar Postcode--
    ( Edit-The original Postcode is at Rowntree Way in Norwich,which is an Industrial Estate apparently,so both seem to in proper business premesis.)
  • top_drawer_2
    Options
    thanks!!

Jen
  • mishkanorman
    mishkanorman Posts: 4,155 Forumite
    Options
    The above address is their actual offices,

mishka
    Bow Ties ARE cool :cool:

"Just because you are offended, doesnt mean you are right" Ricky Gervais :D
  • Blacksheep1979
    Options
    tell them basically to b*gger off - you're covered under distance selling regs and can return goods (not made to order) within 7 days (might be 14 can't remember off top of my head)
  • SAVINGMUM_2
    Options
    I too fell for the free dish and spoon offer. I received two books before Xmas and with all the fuss of xmas i forgot to send them back, so i kept them and paid online, thought that would be it.

Then to my horror a box of eight more books came, i returned them straight away, couldnt believe it, it cost £5.86 and that was the cheapest method (got a proof of posting). I rang them today to confirm that they had received them back, after waiting in a queue for 15 mins i eventually got to speak to a customer services rep and cancelled my account. I got out of the wrong side of bed this moaning, so i decided to have a moan!, the customer services rep told me to send them the proof of posting and they will refund me.

Lets just hope this is the last i hear from them.
  • top_drawer_2
    Options
    hi,

I could never get through to speak to a rep, however I would have thought it would have been a expensive number so maybe its good that I didnt attempt that method...

I would follow up your phone call with a letter and make sure you send it recorded (its only a quid extra) with a photocopy of the proof of postage (just in case!).

Jen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family