Toluna Discussion (merged)

Options

Comments

• Gemini.IDF
    Options
    Well done all! I reckon Libra's must be the record by a whisker! :rotfl:
    Just got to get my next one now. Ordered it in November so that makes...let's see.............I'll probably get it around the middle of April. :huh:
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Gemini.IDF wrote: »
    Well done all! I reckon Libra's must be the record by a whisker! :rotfl:
    Just got to get my next one now. Ordered it in November so that makes...let's see.............I'll probably get it around the middle of April. :huh:

Far too optimistic gemini ... Might come in useful for next Christmas. :D
  • Gemini.IDF
    Options
    You're probably right! :(
  • djjunk
    djjunk Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 January 2015 at 2:17PM
    Options
    Yeah, I really thought I will never see the day but the Tesco Voucher, (ordered in August and processed on the 31/10) has finally arrived. Thanks everybody for the support through this thread.
    I felt less lonely. Have a nice weekend.
  • MollyDolly
    Options
    Not sure whether to bother with Toluna anymore - I had given them a rest because I thought the points offered were far too low and obviously some surveys came back as a Prize draw - just got tired of chasing things up, although my vouchers always arrived within 6 weeks. Not so keen to continue since finding/reading this thread. Shame really as Toluna was the first survey company I signed up with.:)
  • Gemini.IDF
    Gemini.IDF Posts: 105 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2015 at 12:01PM
    Options
    In answer to djjunkHappyMan.gif
    ..................woohoo.gif
  • Gemini.IDF
    Gemini.IDF Posts: 105 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2015 at 12:15PM
    Options
    MollyDolly wrote: »
    Not sure whether to bother with Toluna anymore - I had given them a rest because I thought the points offered were far too low and obviously some surveys came back as a Prize draw - just got tired of chasing things up, although my vouchers always arrived within 6 weeks. Not so keen to continue since finding/reading this thread. Shame really as Toluna was the first survey company I signed up with.:)

All I can say is if you haven't accumulated a lot of points; to save yourself a lot of hassle, I would cut your losses. If you don't keep a very careful check on your points (ie. take screenshots of all your completed surveys) and are not prepared to keep e-mailing them to chivvy them up over and over again about both delayed points and unsent rewards, then it's just not worth it. There are far better survey companies out there who either add points immediately or within a few days. Some send rewards (Amazon) immediately, or (Vouchers) within a week or two. Toluna not only expect a lot of your time for comparatively few points, but when you add the time spent constantly e-mailing them, it just adds to the work you have to do for them. It's not worth it. I have one voucher still in the pipeline and almost enough points (when they are added that is) for another (which won't be a another Tesco one!) When I have enough points for that, I shan't do any more of their surveys and when that voucher comes, I shall say goodbye to Toluna. :p
  • LouFace
    LouFace Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 January 2015 at 4:50PM
    Options

As I said the other day:
    LouFace wrote: »
    I gave up bothering with Toluna middle of last year. I've been stuck at ~42,000 points for months because every survey I did magically transformed into a prize draw entry after I'd finished it.

I've been a member for a year and I've not gotten a single voucher. In the same amount of time I've gotten £10 a month on average from ipsos £15 a month on average from Valued Opinions and even managed about £15 from YourWord where I basically never qualify for the surveys and get 10p a time.

I have managed to amass £15 of vouchers, mostly 10p at a time, and still not managed a single £15 voucher from Toluna.

I've also not gotten to trial anything since the first item I trialled when I first signed up.
  • MollyDolly
    Options
    Gemini.IDF - just a couple of thousand points, and although I did keep detailed account, it is a pain to have to check when as you say other companies don't have this hassle. Shame, as I used to get lots of brand testing from them - Walkers crisps etc. I hope you get your final voucher soon.:)

LouFace - I did have the experience (with Toluna) of some completed surveys showing as prize draws and queried this many times - they said that they would show as complete and rewarded when the particular company had concluded the survey. On occasion I found this to be true but I just got fed-up in the end of searching completed surveys - at one point I had surveys from a previous year that hadn't credited. Sorry to hear you were stuck on so many points.:)
  • LouFace
    LouFace Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LouFace - I did have the experience (with Toluna) of some completed surveys showing as prize draws and queried this many times - they said that they would show as complete and rewarded when the particular company had concluded the survey. On occasion I found this to be true but I just got fed-up in the end of searching completed surveys - at one point I had surveys from a previous year that hadn't credited. Sorry to hear you were stuck on so many points.:)

I've got surveys that I completed the day I joined around a year ago, that are still showing as competition entries.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback