I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

Options

Comments

• kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who is going to develop a humped back, I scour the pavements all the time, started saving it on our "finders keepers pot" ( saving it for a treat for the kids ) in December. We already have £6.50, & most of that was just 1ps & 2ps, also I had a great day when I found £3 left in trolleys!!!
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • Spendaholic_Chick
    Options
    I never find anything above a 2p! If I'm with my son, he normally claims it anyway! He found a pound coin a couple of weeks ago.
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • ltm07
    ltm07 Posts: 966 Forumite
    Options
    I did this last year & the total i found was £12.63! So far this year i've found 36p. It certainly all adds up!
    Debt at LBM(July 1st 07)-£35,053.92 Debt on 1st Anniversary of LBM(July 1st 08)-£33,170.11 (31st January 09)-£32,318.73Paid off so far £2,735.19(7.8%) Average paid off p.m. £143.95 L/H supporter 115 DFD target February 2018 DFD March 2028. PAD(Started 28/12/08) £253.77 £10 a day Feb £110/£280 WEDDING Paid off £1,585.96 Saved Up £925.40
  • be_focused
    Options
    What amount would you hand in to the police? If I found £100 I probably would, probably even £30... not sure about anything less...

I think I once did hand in £20 and after a set amount of time you are suppose to be given if it hasn't been claimed, but it was (or apparently was!)

When I was a teenager you were called names for picking up money. Anyway I saw a 2p piece on the ground and pointed at it with my foot. I ended up falling backwards, breaking one arm and crimping the other!!!

Now I'll pick up any money, no matter how small!

Good topic of conversation Possette!
    Don't judge a man until you have walked his life.
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    Just reminded me of quite a few years back when I saw 10p on the ground, was really broke ( what's new ), so tried to pick it up & someone had superglued it to the pavement!!!! a group of boys were looking out of the window laughing & jeering at me:o
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • gillypen
    gillypen Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    me and the hubby do this when out

i also do it at work in the vending machines its amazing what people leave behind

i have just ordred a pigsback monsy pig so i may use that for this
    2.00 saving club £408 pound so far £250 cashed
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2 "The Return" #379
    saving for a house 0.2%
  • red74
    red74 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    I always pick up pennies if I see them just because I'm hugely superstitious:rolleyes: but otherwise I wouldn't normally bother for less than 50p - doesn't that make me sound posh - "No darling, I won't consider bending down for less than 50p!"
    1st April 2008 challenge
    :mad: xmas overspend = [strike]£254.05[/strike] £0:j......cc1 = [strike]£240.78[/strike] £0:j .......cc2 = [strike]£667.47[/strike] £0 :j ...amount owed to ISA = [strike]£1599.90[/strike] £0:j
    TOTAL TO GO = [strike]£2762.20[/strike] £0 !!!:dance: DONE IT DONE IT DONE IT!!!:dance:
  • Adrasteia01
    Options
    I pick up coins I see most of the time - they're quite common around train stations and parking meters. However, sometimes I'll see a 2 or 5c and not bother.

Also, in Dublin on the buses they give you refund tickets instead of change (there's only one place in the city you can change them!), so people leave them laying around on the seats and floors of buses. I don't go scouring for them, but I picked up a 60c refund ticket on my bus seat one day that someone had just left behind. If it was cash I'm sure they would've taken it with them.
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Options
    WOW.This response is great..i will take on board your comments about pub carparks at weekends..funnily enough the £1 coin we found was outside our local!!
    i find in swimming bath changing rooms people leave thier 20p coins in lockers a lot..got 3 in one visit one day!
    dont know what my limit would be before handing it in to police tho..reckon they would keep it and say it was claimed??
    afterall if someone lost £1000 cash,did they deserve to have it in first place?? i know i cling to my bag like velcro when i take a lot to bank..doesnt happen much tho!
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • Adrasteia01
    Options
    If I saw someone drop money, or if I knew whose it was I'd hand it in or give it back to the person. If I saw a purse or money sitting in a cashpoint I'd hand it in.

If I was in a shop and it was over a tenner I'd say I'd hand it in. If I found money laying on the side of the road, I wouldn't (unless there was a means to identify the person who owned it).

I'd never actually heard of people handing in money (that they'd found on the road for instance) to the police station until I first arrived in the UK - in Australia, the vast majority of people who found it would consider it their good luck, or the bad luck of the person who lost it. Finders keepers and all that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure