» »

I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
325 replies 31.9K views
POSSETTEPOSSETTE Forumite
1.5K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
Pretty obvious challenge really..when your out and about,walking dogs,at work,shopping...pick up any money you find on street or elsewhere,and save it in a separate pot all year...lets see who has the most at end of year!!:confused:

So far whilst walking dogs DH has found £1.12 just this week!!:T
TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....

Replies

• My son is always finding money!!

I'll start keeping my my eyes peeled !
  • robpw2robpw2 Forumite
    14K posts
    lol .. good challenge but know there wont be any for me to find now

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • POSSETTEPOSSETTE Forumite
    1.5K posts
    eyes down folks!!
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • Nice one I am always amazed how much money is dropped and not picked up. My daughter who is 5 shounted to me in a shop mummy I have found a coin, everybody was like aah bless her, when I looked at it it was a £2 coin the peoples faces in the shop dropped.
    ♥♥♥Life is too short to wake up with regrets ♥ So love the people who treat you right. ♥ Forget about the one’s who don’t ♥ Believe everything happens for a reason ♥ If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands ♥ If it changes your life, let it ♥ Nobody said life would be easy, they just promise it would be worth it ♥
  • My OH's dad found 75 quid whilst walking the dog... he regularly finds money near the local pub.. there's a good place to start looking
  • debragdebrag Forumite
    3.4K posts
    yeah i wouldn't pick up anything below £1
  • Always pick up coins off the street no matter how little it is.
    I hate migraines.
  • oscar52oscar52 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    I used to do this in school - other people used to throw away all their "shrapnel" - i used to find around £1 - £2 a day in lose change, sometimes found a few pound coins into the mix as well - made me upwards of £10 a week
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
    no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • I have heard that the best time/place for finding money is Saturday/Sunday mornings in pub/nightclub car parks.

Dont know how true this is as I am not an early riser, but I saw a friends coin collection from the Xscape car park in Milton Keynes and he used to get about £5 on a good morning walk!
    Debt Free - done
    On the way to mortgage freedom
    Making £2018 in 2018 and learning to save
  • We often go past Tescos and the chippy at lunch time and the amount of change the school kids drop is STARTLING - just coppers usually but my 5 year old has a great time running round spotting them!!