I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

Pretty obvious challenge really..when your out and about,walking dogs,at work,shopping...pick up any money you find on street or elsewhere,and save it in a separate pot all year...lets see who has the most at end of year!!:confused:

So far whilst walking dogs DH has found £1.12 just this week!!:T
TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....

Comments

• My son is always finding money!!

I'll start keeping my my eyes peeled !
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lol .. good challenge but know there wont be any for me to find now

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    eyes down folks!!
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • 98sidney
    98sidney Posts: 434
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nice one I am always amazed how much money is dropped and not picked up. My daughter who is 5 shounted to me in a shop mummy I have found a coin, everybody was like aah bless her, when I looked at it it was a £2 coin the peoples faces in the shop dropped.
    ♥♥♥Life is too short to wake up with regrets ♥ So love the people who treat you right. ♥ Forget about the one’s who don’t ♥ Believe everything happens for a reason ♥ If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands ♥ If it changes your life, let it ♥ Nobody said life would be easy, they just promise it would be worth it ♥
  • My OH's dad found 75 quid whilst walking the dog... he regularly finds money near the local pub.. there's a good place to start looking
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    yeah i wouldn't pick up anything below £1
  • Always pick up coins off the street no matter how little it is.
    I hate migraines.
  • oscar52
    oscar52 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    I used to do this in school - other people used to throw away all their "shrapnel" - i used to find around £1 - £2 a day in lose change, sometimes found a few pound coins into the mix as well - made me upwards of £10 a week
    No Longer works for MBNA as of August 2010 - redundancy money will be nice though.

Proud to be a Friend of Niddy.
    no idea what my nerdnumber is - i am now officially nerd 229, no idea on my debt free date
  • Shineyhappy
    Shineyhappy Posts: 1,925
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have heard that the best time/place for finding money is Saturday/Sunday mornings in pub/nightclub car parks.

Dont know how true this is as I am not an early riser, but I saw a friends coin collection from the Xscape car park in Milton Keynes and he used to get about £5 on a good morning walk!
    Debt Free - done
    Mortgage Free - done
    Building up the pension pot
  • zipzap
    zipzap Posts: 13 Forumite
    We often go past Tescos and the chippy at lunch time and the amount of change the school kids drop is STARTLING - just coppers usually but my 5 year old has a great time running round spotting them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure