I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    I found 5p in a car park ticket machine! Does that count
  • When I was a kid we always were picking up loose change behind the swings in the park. Parks near pubs were best as grown men would have a quick swing on the way home when drunk and loose all their cash out their pockets!
  • Alisonbel
    Alisonbel Posts: 215 Forumite
    As the old saying goes " see a penny pick it then all day you'll have good luck!" I'll let you know when I get it backdated ;)
    Why didn't someone kick me up the backside earlier:mad:

Nerd 325 "Proud to be dealing with my debts":j
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    skint catt...it certainly does. Your off to a good start..anywhere you find money..put it in pot!
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • There used to be a cruel joke with this type of behaviour...beware...

:)

In my youth, when drunk on a Friday night in pub or club toilets, used to check coin return slots in machines in gents - you'd be surprised how many drunk blokes deposit a coin but then get embarrased and walk out leaving money behind...only to be attempted when drunk - like eating kebabs!
    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' : Member number 632
    Nerds rule! :cool:
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    My two are always picking up coins in the street. Just the other day my youngest found a £1 coin on his way to school. I'm in, so far this year we've found £2.37.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • FunBrum
    FunBrum Posts: 716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This thread has made me laugh:rotfl:

1.I have found a tenner by the checkout at Sainsburys
    2.A number of £1 coins by the trolly park at....yes, you've guessed it, Sainsburys.
    3.Have found loads of change by bus stops. Not bad considering I don't actually ever catch a bus...I just loiter!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Living a frugal retirement without treading on the planet :T
    Womble #17- £2,018.41 €2
    TURTLES NSD's 01/31
    FLC £3000/£2,328.12
    CCCC2016 #10 £19 monthly spends on clothes
    Wombled nectar points=728 Wombled Boots points=316
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    we used to do this in the student union i worked. It was satisfying that all the aholes who used to laugh at me having to work my friday and saturday nights would be so drunk by the end of the night that they would drop money, me and the other bar staff used to get a half pint glass each and collect up all the money we found, i once found £12 at the end of a night, mostly in £1 coins but some in 1p and 2p, it was worth it and became quite a competition with us rushing to get the half pint glass when we locked up had to wait til the door was locked though...there are always rules! i'm up for this, starting tomorrow, i work in a school and am on duty tomorrow so the playground and alley at the back of school seem like a good place to start!
  • Good thread LOL I actually have a tab on my spreadsheet to count up money found on the street. So far 10p.
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    oooh you are all very good at this...i have some competition me thinks!?
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure