I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

Comments

• My youngest son once found 50p on the floor in a McDonalds and picked it up, proudly showing it to me. I was just about to tell him to keep it and put it in his moneybox when some sour old bag at the table next to us wrenched it from his hand and said "That's mine!" I felt so sorry for him I made a loud show of giving him 50p from my purse instead. I couldn't believe the spitefulness of it!
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    i saved 8pence from the floor today, in my shared office. no one else could be bothered tidying up for the cleaner so awarded the 8pence to myself for doing the tidying!

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    i also once found £250 in notes. I handed it in though because it was near xmas and thought some poor soul might have lost it - sadly handed it in at the local supermarket where i found it by, and never heard of it again. shame really i was only about 12.

edit: just re-read that, would have hated to find £250 in pennies- what a dope!

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We found approx £3 worth of loose change and a £5 note between september and 31st December last year.
    This year we are counting it properly and are up to 15p already (3x5p), it's a year long challenge!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does it count if i find it down my sofa?
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What about other peoples sofas?
  • Smidster
    Smidster Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    found 32p at entrance to uni library today.

amazed I got it as the footfall going past it was high and given the amount us students complain about being bankrupt you would have thought someone else would have wanted it!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi ecoelle,
    I think other peoples are fair game, but it is dead embarrasing if you get caught with your hand down the cushions!!!
    As part of the new year new me pledges i am trying to go walking, so this challenge will give me added interest1
    pip
  • as it is said, take care of the pennies the pounds take care of themselves.

:beer: Now i know what to do with my new money box i got for christmas and will join this challenge. i used to go the beach every day as a teenager and it is amazing what i used to find on the beach before the dustmen came to sweep the beach for the day.....just change out of peoples pockets
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Its so funny I was only thinking last week this would be a good challenge....then I thought everyone would laugh at me....How wrong I was!
    Im definately up for this and pub car parks are a great place...I will be out sat and sunday!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport