I Challenge You..save Money You Find On Street..1yr

Options

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    January 2008 £2.00= biggest finds £1 & 50p in car parks,
    February £1.79 = biggest find 20p coins 94, on different days)
    Running total £3.79p

March started well with 2 x 1p!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • savingmore
    savingmore Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    i started the challenge with a 1p find in January but was very excited to find a £1 coin in WH Smith's last week...so i am £1.01p up on the start of the year....sad how exciting this is:beer:
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Options
    savingmore wrote: »
    ....sad how exciting this is:beer:
    i agree it is..but its even sadder posting it and getting you lot to do it too.!!:rotfl:
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • Queen.Bess
    Queen.Bess Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    Count me in too!

I usually do fairly well with the small coins, I don't care, if it's a coin and it's not stuck to the pavement, I'm picking it up! And like others, if it a penny, I can get away with saying the rhyme and people think I'm just supersticious! I was told by someone though that after saying the rhyme - I should spit on it too! Urgh! I refused, but has anyone else heard that?
    Official DFW Nerd Club #20 :cool: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D DFW Long Hauler #109 :o

Slowly, Slowly = Oct '09: £30693, Aug '15: £14820. Could Be Debt Free April 2020, but hoping for sooner!
  • Mithvingiel
    Mithvingiel Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I found £110 on the floor when I was walking my son to the shop once! Nearly had a heart attack whilst grabbing it and speed-pushing the pram home! Ended up spending it all by treating everyone by the end of the day! *lmao*

Haven't been able to find anything above a pound since...Oh well!

Taking up this chllange...let's see how I do! Get my hubby involved too! :D
    November Grocery Challenge - £300 - Total so far £0.00
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Always pick up coins off the street no matter how little it is.

me too, on the way to my last interview found a penny...

and got the job.

clearly a lucky one. :D

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Options
    how we all doing ?? anyone found any notes yet?

I want to count my pot but im not going too...found a rather dishevelled 1p the other day.dropping it in some coke or ketchup later to clean it..although i think its gone rusty!
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    Hi there, our finders keepers pots is doing quite well, it has £11.51 in it at the moment & the kids did raid £2.50 of it when the icecream man came & I didn't have any money! so would've been £14.01.
    I found £1 in a trolley yesteday, it was pouring with rain & I think someone forgot as they were trying to get out of the rain.
    We haven't found anything bigger than £1 coin so far...... but live in hope & with hunched backs!
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found 2 1ps yesterday by the coinstar machine in Sainsburys as I was walking in - not only had someone been ripped off using the coinstar to count their change they'd dropped some!

1p in one of the teaching rooms where I work too yesterday - seems liking finding coins is a bit like buses - none for ages ...;)
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • Baggiebird1nil
    Options
    I worked for the Baggies at the Wolves v WBA match on Tuesday night. The home fans sit in the tier on top of the away supporters and throw all sorts of things down. I got £1.30 and a steak and kidney pie!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: and 3 points :j :j :j :j
    Will put it in a jar and keep my head down from now on and join you.
    We finally did it! Debt free 28/6/10 :T :beer: :T :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport