We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Get Xmas pressies from Amazon? Use Amazon's price promise

12357…14

Comments

  • donsmum
    donsmum Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi, thanks to all who posted details of amazons policy, have just got £11.28 back! Thought I was out of the thirty day limit as bought the goods on 5th december, but still tried, and got the refund, so go for it!! donsmum
  • toadhall
    toadhall Posts: 378
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    most had gone up but managed to find £1, better than nothing.
  • deedums
    deedums Posts: 593 Forumite
    I've had my email now - refund of £24.50 :j

    Thanks again
  • Sconifer
    Sconifer Posts: 12 Forumite
    Only been reading this forum for a couple of weeks but am very pleased I have.

    Thanks to this top-tip, I've just got £30 back from amazon. They only took about ten minutes to notify me too so good on them.

    Thanks again!
  • cranezoe
    cranezoe Posts: 434 Forumite
    excellent find! at the moment I am only going to save £2 but I sent an email anyway! and its worth remembering for later in the year! great! have passed it on to my friends :)
  • I managed to get my husband £5 back on his account, £2 for my parents and possibly £2 for me too, not loads but definitely better in our pockets.

    Thank you MSE
    :heart2: Charlie born Aug 2007 :heart2: Reece born May 2009
    :heart2:Toby born Apr and taken by SMA Dec 2012
    :heart2: Baby boy failed M/C @ 20 wks Oct 2013 :heart2: Sienna born Oct 2014
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Don't think I'll be bothering with this money saving tip. I've spent over £50 at Amazon since October but everything I've bought has gone UP in price - except for one book which has gone down by 20p
  • All but one of the things I bought has gone up in price (or stayed the same), the one that has dropped is only by a couple of pounds so not really worth the hassle!

    No hassle at all, go for it, claim your money back!
    I sent an email with only order number on, no details of how much they owed me or on what products & 5 minutes later I had reply saying got a refund!
    Absolutley amazed!:beer:
    Who says I have to be normal? :p
  • llac
    llac Posts: 46 Forumite
    I'm getting £6.36 back ! Thanks for the tip
  • Thanks for this trick - I'm going to remember it for next year! Checked this year's order though - one item had gone up (!!), the other had sold out and the last one had been redcued by 4p....hardly worth the 'bovver'!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.