We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
I have usefully procrastinated this evening. I've checked my pensions, got a tax refund, and sorted through a pile of papers I found from 2019 to 2022.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2504 -
All this talk reminds me of the pile of paperwork I have yet to plought through!
There's been enough rain for my 80% of the lawn to green up again. Will get my lawn done and then recommence on my digging project. Strangely I have seen both daffs and crocuses emerge over the past week - I had a google and its apparently it does happen in very mild autumns, without necessarily compromising the spring growth. I planted very late this year and had exactly no growth, am leaving in situ but what we'll see next February is anyone's guess.
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.5 -
I have just cut the grass (can’t really call it a lawn), I think it’s only the second time I have cut it this year and definitely not since about the beginning of June. I’m hoping this will also be the last time this year! I’m going to plant a couple of things in pots that have been waiting for cooler weather.
I am on a roll - emailed the company who installed my new front door a few months ago to ask them to come and adjust it again. I don’t know why I have been putting it off, they’re a local company and I paid ££££ for the door, the least I expect is to be able to use it! The lock won’t turn when it’s colder, so I think the hinges have dropped as it’s been ok in hot weather.
Then I emailed flooring man to ask for a quote, and local handyman to ask for some small jobs and a quote for shelving. All things I have been putting off for weeks.
I am crediting this thread with encouraging me to get on with it!Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.7 -
I have swapped the top of my rise & fall desk (took me a while to remember how to take it apart and put the new one on) and sown some broad beans. There have been two builders and three electricians here for most of the day so it has been noisy and dusty. Just waiting for the electricians to finish so I can walk the dog and make a start on clearing up the vast amount of dust they have all created.
6 -
Have ordered splashback tiles, chased warranty provider for sign off, and condensed some boxes of random build stuff into one.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty3 -
Hello everyone, please may I slide in and join you once again? I am currently being the absolute Princess of Procrastination and it has to stop as I have some hard deadlines to meet.
My mortgage free diary: +++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++
GNU Mr Redo7 -
Lovely to see you @redofromstart, you've absolutely smashed doing The Things the last couple of years so I'm sure you'll smash these hard deadlines too 🍻
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
Welcome back @redofromstart 🙂
I finished off the mowing I started yesterday and did another row of scything. Also bought a new drill bit, so when I've finished this cup of tea I'm going to put up my second shelf.
I've also decided we're going to start tackling the garage 😱 this is a massive job, and completely overwhelming, so to make it just the right amount of whelming 😂 we are going to commit to filling ONE plastic tub a week, which i will drop at the tip when I go to slimming world on a Saturday morning. Slimming myself, slimming the contents of the garage 😂
We may build momentum and decide to do a bigger trip at some point, but for now, this keeps it manageable without it taking over.
Started today with a broken plastic tub and a couple of broken ends of tools. Why did these things ever get kept in the first place?! (I know why - 'they might come in handy' and we have far too much space 🙈)
4 -
I haven't done any scything…
Currently on the phone to Vodafone, who seem to have a problem with updating my address to the correct one. It was only when I went to change my plan that I discovered that they still had a previous address as the account address and billing address and no information suggesting where the service was provided (phone number is for the right area code though), so I changed those - however, when I go to order, it still has the old address on there. Having answered 11 billion security questions, the call centre agent has validated the 'new' address, and doesn't understand why the old address is still there - he's suggested that I call back tomorrow, which is not on my list of things I want to do. It's a pity Sky were equally useless, as changing supplier was clearly the right thing to do. However, I can actually save a whole £2 over the next best deal if I can sort this out. Somehow I suspect that the 'the customer support team are going to fix it for you now' is a load of rubbish, and I'll probably have to call back tomorrow… or switch.
ooh… I've just seen where the address that the service is provided is shown. So I'll ignore the account address fault and put the change through.
Lots of work done by builders and electricians today (I had two builders and three electricians here) and VAST amounts of dust created. I've hoovered, and will be spending tomorrow cleaning my office with a duster/damp cloth/mop and bucket while doing some online training!
4 -
People! I have achieved greatness! I told myself I only had to take some stuff out of the shed and take some stuff to the tip. I only went and emptied the whole thing! I only took a whole boot load to the tip (recycling centre)! I've only gone and bagged up three bags of rubbish for collection!
Who was that person sweeping and hosing the inside of the shed?!?! It was me! I don't even know myself.
I have shoved stuff in that shed for 8 years. So much crap!
I still need to put everything I'm keeping back in there but that seems a really easy job in comparison.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2508
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





