We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
We have a cottage garden @C_J despite it being a few pots on a patio. Wrought iron gates as trellis sounds fabulous!
I have cleaned the fridge. Not particularly well but at least I have done it. A better scrub down will be done when freezer is ready to be defrosted. Officially finished the start of the month big clean. On the 18th. Still dun it though!
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty7 -
My focus this weekend will be sorting the attic/office. I've been working from my dining table for months. Moving back to the office will help me feel like I've got my shiz together. Maybe.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2505 -
Oh @Wednesday2000 you’re in my favourite place on the planet 😍 I was there just 2 weeks ago and go every year if I can. My happy place ❤️
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪4 -
Sun Addict - there was a massive thunderstorm last night in Ibiza and I watched it from our balcony across the sea. It was amazing. I went for a dip in the pool today and saw lightning again so we all ran inside the hotel. I saw this beautiful rainbow.
6 -
We're now 2/3 of the way through the month and I have cleared the small stuff and am making inroads into medium admin stuff but only denting the big life-changing stuff. DIsappointingly I am not getting anywhere with the hula hooping, despite daily practice. I was the same with swimming until my mind had a "click" moment. The minute I got that sorted I suddenly found myself able to float.
I have accrued a nice collection of warm bits to wear whilst working from home without looking like a complete slob, so am sorted for winter I hope. So it will will be time to relegate the summer clothes once we have had the last bout of warm weather next week. I do have much too stuff - will make a start on the clothes next month I think, and ask my mum and sister to come over and be brutal about what to get rid of. I estimate that 85% of it has never been worn!
This thread is giving me the daily dose of inspiration I need to keep going!
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.6 -
I have planted the verbena bonariensis seedlings I pulled out of my mum’s drive on Thursday!
7 -
I collected the free rockery stones and a couple of alpine plants from a kind Freegler today, and have made a start on building my new rockery. I’ve put thick weed-suppressant membrane down and dotted the rocks around on it until I felt it was a pleasing layout (I’m worn out now, some of the rocks were massive!) so I’m ready to add pockets of soil and some plants next week. I’m thinking about maybe adding a couple of those small solar lights which look like stones but can’t decide whether it will look nice or not. AI tells me it will be a charming addition, but I don’t necessarily trust its judgement 🤣🤣
I love verbena bonariensis @greenbee! Such a pretty purple.
I’m going to have to mow the lawns tomorrow, but am hoping that might be the last cut of the year. I can’t complain, I think the last mowing was probably some time in June!2 -
I need to mow too. I suspect the warm, wet weather will mean a couple more cuts this year. I really enjoyed not having to mow over the summer. I'm considering how I can reduce the amount of 'lawn' I have to maintain.
2 -
I mowed the other day but had the mower set quite high, so it'll definitely need doing again. Will try to cut a bit lower next time and hopefully that'll be the last time.
1 -
@C_J my advice would be don't get them as you evidently don't love them or you wouldn't be asking. Spend your money on something you know will warm your heart whenever you see it. Would a string of plain fairy lights look nice dappled about it?
I haven't done the weekly clean today but as I only finished the monthly clean yesterday I'll let myself off for one day. Doing a ton of build admin, really hoping to get it all sorted by the end of the month but so much is out of our control. I have however caught up with my steps and bought a bag of potatoes so hopefully I can be a wholesome person who cooks properly tomorrow
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards







