We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
I need to do lots of steps and a lot of work on a client job tomorrow as today was all build admin and resting as my cpc was feeling shoddy.
Ooh I love big socks @Rhyddid2026, try them on, you might love them!
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty1 -
Don't encourage me to hoard Pip! I need no such encouragement. I might keep 2 pairs just in case, but a spare drawer will be much more useful.
Today I moved the sofas to their winter position. It's a little early but my large rug needed washing and my washing machine is no longer up to the task. I've hoovered and mopped and moved sofas around and put the smaller rug down. The winter position is closer to the log burner.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2502 -
I have not done steps as knee really hurting but I did tackle the big client job and got it all done in one day
So tomorrow's OAT aims are steps and progress on repotting and planting bulbs
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty3 -
The flooring man has been, so now I'm bracing myself for his quote - he was able to come early, but I didn't see that message so vacuuming hadn't been done. However as my friend pointed out, the cat hair is the reason I want a new floor!
I've also tackled a phone call that I have been putting off. I am gradually getting through the list of jobs. Clearing the spare room would be necessary anyway because of the flooring, but I'm also expecting a family member for an extended stay in the near future (which means the decorating will probably need to be deferred). It's a great incentive to get rid of stuff.
Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.3 -
About to get the laundry in and then grease up the BRAND NEW bbq to season the grills ready for our steaks for dinner. (I may be a bit over excited!!)
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅3 -
Getting the laundry in is very exciting @Brie 😁
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty3 -
More scything done. Car dropped at my mum's ready for collection by the garage for MOT/service tomorrow (will call them to remind them that it's there and ask them to call her when they are on their way as it may take her a while to get to the door). Her car hasn't been used for a while due to her broken leg, so it needs the exercise! I'll fill it up before I take it back to her.
5 -
I spent the afternoon / early evening tidying the garden (the digging continues!) and then went for a walk after the sun went down. Its such a pleasant temperature, feels like a forever summer!
I did buy a big bag of bulbs whilst out this evening and feel insanely happy as a result 😁
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.5 -
Eased into the day by following him who thinks he should be obeyed to the garage so his monster car could be MOTd. He then had to squeeze himself into my tiddly VW up and then I drove us to our favourite caff ignoring his comments about how messy my car is. When he started grumbling about me aiming for potholes I said that he might be lucky and I'd drive down a road with "sleeping policemen". That shut him up long enough for us to get to the caff and order a lovely big breakfast - more than 2 hours later I'm still feeling stuffed and sleepy.
edit - and just realised that when I left the tip I forgot to pay for his second cuppa!!! I owe the caff £1.80!!!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅6 -
MOT and service happening here too Brie. Luckily they collect from my mum's.
Currently chasing blinds2go AGAIN in an attempt to get the correct replacement part delivered (they claim dispatched and correctly addressed twice but nothing has turned up).
Builders making mess…
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




