We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
@C_J I too am inspired by reading what everyone else has done! Glad the late Mr CJ is still looking after you 🥰🥰
Today's OAT for me is roasting some of the veg from the waste diversion scheme that has been sat there for a bit too long 😬
4 -
DH cut back the buddleia at the front, which then filled the green bin, so any other pruning will have to wait until that's emptied.
Next job is looking at the porch gutter, to make sure that's clear of any moss or other rubbish.
2 -
There is definitely something about cooler weather and feeling Autumnal that motivates me. I was up early today and was craving a cup of tea! I cleaned out and reorganised my hot drinks cupboard and went out to buy a new box of teabags and a bag of sugar. That cup of tea was delicious. I don't remember when I have craved a hot drink so much as the summer seemed to drag on forever.
I also went through my fridge and threw away some old veg. I am going to make a risotto for dinner tonight so iIam using up a bendy carrot and an onion with that.
I have a meetup today for lunch and then a reiki appointment. My husband is going out to the cinema now on Wednesday so I might move the bedrooms around tomorrow.
The house feels refreshed as I put up the Autumnal wreath and moved the pictures around yesterday. I need to do a deep clean, but I will do that tomorrow too.
4 -
Tiler is here, so I've been into the shed, hauled out all the cardboard and removed the tape from it. There's a pile of stuff I hope to recycle rather than use (flimsy, and with the tape that has string it in on it, which is hard to remove and I don't want in the ground), and what looks like more than enough large pieces of good quality cardboard to do the new bed, so I'm hoping they'll do the veg plot too.
I'm contemplating ordering a bulk bag of mulch, but it may have to wait until the builders have finished as there is nowhere to deliver it to. I also need more bark chip, so might have to get an electric shredder to shred prunings (I also need more 'brown' for the compost, so it would help with that too).
Next job (after a couple of emails have been sent) is to make a start on weeding and re-cardboarding the new bed, so the cardboard pile is reduced and I can start shifting the remains of the bark chip onto it.
I also have scything and mowing to do before the weather changes. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
4 -
I'd love to be out in the garden today but sadly it's a work day for me - at least I'm at home and have put some washing on and put soup in the haybox for lunch.
My OAT today has been to send a message about a potential new car. Only been putting that specific task off for a couple of hours, but the whole act of car buying itself has been dragging on for months so I will be very glad when it's all over!
Of course I'm going to spend the whole day distracted now waiting for a phone call.
3 -
I have emailed someone about a possible job. Not that motivated to get back to work, but I was given a contact, so thought I should get in touch as it would be rude not to. Also currently on a webinar about AI, so keeping vaguely in touch with the world of work. Dog is bored by both the cardboard reclamation and the webinar, but we can't go out until the tiler is done.
I've also shoved a whole lot of builders' rubbish in the bin, and will stick some more in there later if I have space before I put it out.
5 -
Well my one vinted listing seems very paltry after all your excellent doings, but I'm pleased to have done one rather than let the big pile continue sitting there without even a solitary item listed. Will try to do one a day until the autumn stuff is all up
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty3 -
I know a lot of people on here sell on Vinted very successfully, but I never manage to sell anything! I price things very competitively too, often I just want to get shot of things rather than make any real money, but I'm clearly going wrong somewhere.
I read on FB that there seems to be some kind of new scam going around in which you go to the InPost lockers to collect something you have ordered, only to find a completely unexpected parcel in your slot, either instead of or as well as your expected parcel. I have no idea how this works as a scam, but there have been a lot of reports of this happening recently.
Today's achievements were:
(a) taking the recycling bin out very early this morning for collection. It's not that easy as the bin was full and heavy, plus it is difficult to drag it over the gravel driveway for the 150m length of the drive - but I did it, and that's a good bin full of stuff gone.
(b) Machine load of washing done, hung out to dry, and finished off this evening by hanging it up indoors. The house is still just about warm enough to dry laundry without putting the heating on.
(c ) After a nice lunch out with a friend I called in to The Range and bought a dozen packs of crocus and camassia bulbs, and I planted them as soon as I got home. I'm making a dedicated "bulb garden" which isn't as grand as it sounds - it's only a small border and not a whole garden :)
I feel like it's been a satisfyingly productive day.
4 -
That doesn't sound like a scam, more like they have been hacked or a delivery person is playing silly.
2 -
New bed weeded, masses of extra cardboard added, cardboard soaked, and four barrow-loads of woodchip dumped on it. It got too dark to do more after the 4th one, so I'll carry on in the morning until I run out of woodchip. After which I hope to get some scything and mowing done. I also need to remember to put the bin out!
3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



