We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
@C_J I've had that previously dropping a parcel off, it is odd but unless it's a very intricate plot between a network of rushed couriers I don't think it's a scam, I think inlocker are just not a very good company and generate codes for lockers that are still in use.
Obviously it's upsetting if there's a mix-up or someone steals it, but I presume the mismatch is between codes for putting in and taking out, and I hope like me most people are honest enough to leave the other parcel in there to be successfully allocated. Who knows though, the modern world is a mystery to me!
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
My vinted tips:
Good photos that are clear and show front and back, and any details, including faults. Save it for another day if you're doing it to tick it off your list rather than putting up decent pics
Be honest about any issues, people often don't mind as long as they know and can see pics of what you're referring to, and you've marked the category truthfully (new/very good/good etc)
List after 4pm on weekdays and anytime weekend, but when you're most feeling to not do it, is likely when everyone else is also ready for sitting down and scrolling so do bother to list it then
Some people say put it at a higher price so people can haggle, I personally cannot be faffed and am happy for people to get a good deal and me get some money and an item out of the house.
Pieces with known brands will generate a vinted listing recommendation of price, select which one accurately reflects it. No harm selecting premium and being willing to accept lower offers if its in-between.
Review your listings weekly and lower the price if its had likes as this supposedly generates a notification to people who 'liked' itIf you know something is worth more then research it on internet and put that price in. If it doesn't sell then it's up to you if you want to lower it or relist it or just leave the listing there for the right buyer in future, that's an entirely personal decision depending on need for money or clearing space or sentimental attachment
For older pieces, people like buying into an era they miss or wish they could be part of or that's currently fashionable. If you know you bought something in the 60s/70s/80s/90s/early 2ks, state 'vintage' and the era in the title and description.
Obviously depending on your age it is an abomination that some or all of these decades are considered vintageBe quick about delivering, it really helps. Buyers can see you're a quick dispatcher on your profile, this helps make minds up
List seasonally and put key seasonal words in your listing. At the moment I make sure to say 'autumn' and where appropriate e.g. 'cosy' or 'knit' or 'halloween' etc
Life is busy but if you can do several in a row or one a day for a good few days this apparently prompts their algorithm to show your listings more prominently
Not that anyone asked 😂
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty7 -
Thank you @PennysIntoPounds, that is very helpful! Maybe I’ll give it another go.
2 -
Delivery couriers are logged in while they drop packets off because we have to collect expired packets as well. Each packet is individually scanned at the locker using a QR code. If there is packets in the locker already it sounds like they are either expired ones or the locker is malfunctioning.
3 -
I phoned the garage about an MOT advisory and got a quote. They told me it's not urgent and it couldn't probably wait til next year, but being the sensible proactive person I am I told them I definitely wanted it done this month 😇
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2503 -
One vinted listing and one potted up plant achieved.
And some small hopefully progress with build admin. Ya takes ya wins where you can with build nonsense!
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty2 -
Thanks for the V1nted info PIP, still on my very very long to do list.
Lots going on here and the pressure to actually complete some key tasks is mounting steadily. Generally I love a deadline (and of course the whooshing sound they make as they go past) but I am really struggling with motivation.
anyway today I have:
- spoken to three different companies about selling/marketing the house - Project 1
- spoken to the broker about timescales and requirements - Project 2
- emailed about selling various tools
- emailed about house clearance people - a charity who will collect and rehome/recycle so I am hoping they are reasonable
- done my best paddington glare at the stuff I really should list on v1nted
- dropped a boot load of things off at a charity shop and did not browse
My mortgage free diary: +++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++
GNU Mr Redo4 -
Fantastic work @redofromstart aka Douglas Adams 😁 With vinted listings, while all the phases are a bit tedious, if you can do the pics on your phone then you can always write the descriptions and do the uploads when you're on transport or trying to be productive from sofa and so on.
Obviously getting it dun is better but if its too groanful, break it down into manageable chunks. I bet you could take pics of one item this evening or tomorrow morning, then write the description in your phone notes while waiting for the kettle to boil, and upload the listing in an ad break or while pre-heating the oven etc in the evening
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6466032/an-in-between-phase/p1
'aggressive safety shot' Ken Doherty3 -
I can confirm that Vinted does indeed ping buyers who have liked something when an item is reduced - it pinged me something the other day, not long after I'd liked it. Unfortunately I had already spotted a different version of the same thing for less and bought that instead. Excellent tips though, thank you!
We have narrowed our car search to FIVE and have sent messages to two asking for more information. That's counting as my OAT for today!
3 -
I cooked the veg in the fridge with some pulses and halloumi, so am actually eating a proper meal (and will put the rest in the fridge/freezer to eat later.
I also managed to finish mulching the new bed and just stretched the remaining bark chip to cover it properly.
Flu jab booked for Thursday, Covid for 2 weeks time (interestingly, the ask whether you have Long Covid and warn you'll be asked more questions and possibly not be given the jab - I know it makes me feel worse for a few days, but not as bad as having another Covid infection does!).
Tiles are down in the utility room and being grouted tomorrow. Hopefully it'll have cured enough by the afternoon for me to be able to put stuff in the wall cupboards in there and seal them up. That'll help with clearing the kitchen, which is tomorrow's big job, ready for knocking through on Thursday.
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



