We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Autumnal Achieving
Comments
-
did you see the thread on the gardening forum about "gravel gardening"? I think that's what it was called. Very interesting ideas on what to plant with very little earth.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅1 -
I had lots of smoothies while in Ibiza that I really enjoyed so I thought I would commit to making them at home too. I just had a pineapple and lime smoothie. 😍
I have two lots of holiday laundry to do that I have started and the first load is in the dryer now. I have altered the grocery delivery for tomorrow and added lots of fresh fruit and ginger for smoothies, I have texted a few people and ordered some new pillows, vitamins etc.. from Amazon that is arriving today.
I just cleaned out the fridge too. I need to eat the food in my freezer as I can hardly get the top drawer open as it is so full. I'm going to make a meal plan for next week now.
3 -
I've mowed - the bit I did for the first time will need redoing in a couple of days with the blade lowered, I lowered the blade on the bit that was having a second cut, so they'll all be the same height next time hopefully!).
I have also scythed - getting easier as I remember the technique, although the fact that the grass is growing through the previous (fallen over) dead grass and is also flopping over doesn't help. I may need to give it a second cut at some point, but getting the first round done will be an acheivement. Four short rows done, about a billion left to do (but not has much as @Cheery_Daff 🤣
3 -
I mowed today too, all three lawns done and looking so tidy. I am exhausted 😂
3 -
Washed and dried my ik3a duck feather duvet which had acquired a rather musty smell. One duvet down, three to go. But at 14.50 a pop I think it will be a very OATy oat
3 -
had to pay £25 to get ours done - granted it's a superking
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅2 -
Because I fully intended to sort out the attic office, I of course cleaned out my fridge, groomed the dogs, put stuff back in the shed, did the usual weekend chores, got a new balance transfer card, and made some yorkshire puds for the freezer.
I did spend a little time in the attic so I have at least faced it and made a start. I can start working from my desk tomorrow and do a bit more tidying up there in between tasks.
In other news, I discovered I have a whole large drawer full of thick socks. I have no idea why. I don't know the last time I looked in that drawer (its tucked away in the under stairs wardrobe). I don't even wear those sorts of socks, unless I freezing cold and ill. I certainly don't need a whole drawer full. I'll add that to the to-do list.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
CC1 £14,122.71 -
CC2 - £6,975
CC3 £6,112.60 £6,495
1st Direct CC £176.03 £151.44
CC total £20,411.34 £13,621.44
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,400
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £3,825
Total £36,195.78 £19,846.44
EF £2,800
HF £3
EB £2505 -
Ouch. I did just go to the large machine at the petrol station which also has a dryer.
4 -
I have bought compost, mulch, farmyard manure and some violas. I didn't do what I actually needed to do, which was to go and look at worktops…
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


